Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 AM

281 posts, read 618,308 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had determined the race of the rapist from any of the local news outlets(ajc etc)? A friend of mine had a scary encounter with a man at an apartment complex in the area about three weeks ago. From what I've read, the race of the assailant has been noticeably omitted. Kind of like the Buckhead rapist from several months ago.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:32 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,836,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
I was wondering if anyone had determined the race of the rapist from any of the local news outlets(ajc etc)? A friend of mine had a scary encounter with a man at an apartment complex in the area about three weeks ago. From what I've read, the race of the assailant has been noticeably omitted. Kind of like the Buckhead rapist from several months ago.
The attacker was wearing a mask, so none of the victims or witnesses have been able to give any kind of description as far as I know.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,518,621 times
There have now been 3 incidents. The jogger/March, a woman was attacked last weekend at the Marquis apartments and yesterday a robbery/attack at the Park Apartments. All were wearing masks/face covered as far as I know.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:59 AM

The AJC reports that 2 arrests have been made. It is not clear that those in custody are suspects in the previous crimes but an ongoing investigation is in progress.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:49 AM

297 posts, read 1,540,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
The AJC reports that 2 arrests have been made. It is not clear that those in custody are suspects in the previous crimes but an ongoing investigation is in progress.
Do you have a link to that story? We are especially interested in this story because of the close proximity to our daughter's school. Thank you!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 AM

It was a headline at the AJC site this AM and is probably listed in 'DeKalb' news now.

ETA:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2009/04/12/briarcliff_area_crime.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_ne wstab (broken link)

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 PM

119 posts, read 302,652 times
There were two young black males arrested for armed robbery this weekend who have home addresses on Gables Way, which I believe is in the Marquis at Briarcliff complex where some the crimes have occurred. I suspect these are the same two referenced in the AJC story as having been arrested for armed robbery and being questioned about the other crimes.

Check them out at DeKalb's online judicial system:

Welcome to OJS - DeKalb County, GA's Online Judicial System

Look up Marques A. Jackson and Jordon Anthony Gibson.

Right now the same mugshot appears for both guys. I'm not sure if that's an error or they don't want one guy's picture displayed at the moment. When I looked yesterday one guy's mug shot was not available and there was another picture different from the one posted today available for the other guy, although I can't remember which was which. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:55 AM

I sure hope every effort is being made. There is a church/school, library and many vulnerable people near the Marquis Apartments and the area has been extremely safe and well cared for for half a century.

I notice the presence of the DeKalb PD. Fingers crossed.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,269,707 times
I have a friend who lives in the Marquis. She said the residents there weren't given a lot of info. However, my friend works in PTSD research, including studies dealing with rape trauma. She said that sexual assault includes things like being flashed. She said that, based on what she learned, the incident was pretty brief so she doesn't think the woman at the Marquis was all-out raped....probably she went out, he'd been watching and snuck in, she came back, he grabbed her, maybe was partially unclothed, etc, and when she resisted he ran. Now, I'm not making light...this is still serious business. This is the kind of behavior that escalates into more violent acts with repeated attempts. And, it's still traumatic to the victim.

But, my point, is that I'd like more details. How far into the realm of sexual assault did each of these attacks go? Is there a progression or pattern (other than the perp being masked or face concealed)?

I'd like to know that stuff....

Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 AM

I would, too and I'm certain the parents of students are very concerned.

'Sexual Assault' was involved in the incident at the Marquis and 'physical assault' for the victim at the Park. The jogger that was stabbed is said to be recovering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta