Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 04:20 AM

214 posts, read 1,980,986 times

Advertisements

Does anyone in Peachtree City have any experience with these 2 schools? We are looking to rent and then buy after we get to know the area a little more but we know that we will be moving somewhere in south Peachtree. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about either of these schools. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM

744 posts, read 2,481,591 times
My son is currently at Braelinn . He has been there for 3 years now and had nothing but the best teachers.He is the special needs class and a regular classroom as well so we have to deal with both groups .
The principal there Mrs. Bell is great to deal with .We have found it to be a very friendly, caring school for our son .It is one of the older established schools in Peachtree City . Many of the staff have been there several years and they work very well together. There is also alot of community support for the school. It has a lot of parental volunteers to help both in the classroom and other things outside the school.We have been very pleased .

Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,254 times
Well, I went to both schools for a year several years back (1990-1991) for Braelinn and (1991-1992) for Huddleston. I would say Huddleston is (or at least it was when I was there) a little less "status" driven then Braelinn. More upper income neighborhoods tend to feed into Braelinn.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 PM

16,689 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Yes...Braelinn and Kedron have traditionally been seen as the "richest" in an already affluent area.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:51 AM

7 posts, read 19,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Yes...Braelinn and Kedron have traditionally been seen as the "richest" in an already affluent area.

I lived in PTC from 1988 - 1999. I attended Huddleston in 3rd Grade, Oak Grove in 4th and Braelinn in 5th, Whitewater 6 - 8th then McIntosh 9th - 11th.

I forgot exactly why I went to Huddleston 3rd and Oak Grove in 4th, I think they rezoned some of the areas and I happen to be on the Oak Grove side, we moved the next year though and I was in Braelinn district and Whitewater Middleschool which now kids go to Rising Star/Starr's Mill in that area I guess. They were being built when I was there but we moved again that firmly placed me in McIntosh Zone (Plantation Ridge subd).

Anyway sorry for the life story...

I guess the point I was making is as a child I never got the impression you mentioned. As for me, whatever school I was going to at the time was certainly to me, the best lol.

The school I actually liked the best for whatever reason was Whitewater, which kids in PTC area do not attend anymore. Why did I like it so much? Can't exactly say.. Maybe just the right time and right people.

The school I liked the least... Huddleston. Why? Again I cannot really say for certain only that is what memory tells me.

It could be the reason I like Huddleston the least is because it was a totally new place with totally new people and I was adjusting to that. In saying that maybe that is why I liked Whitewater the best, I stayed in 1 place the longest.

Well anyway, here's my really late reply to an old question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: