Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM

32 posts, read 132,106 times

Advertisements

Hi I am looking for inside advice (someone who lives in the subdivision) on the Heron Bay area in Locust Grove. I know many people have bad opinions on renters, but we will be renting (my husband is in a line of work where we move around every couple years, now is not the time to be buying when we would have to sell that soon - also we still own a home in another state)
Anyway - we have come across a number of what look like very nice houses for rent but am wondering about the amenities, etc. What about the lake? Is it big enough to boat on, are boats allowed?

Schools are a big issue - we have a middle schooler (currently in 6th grade, and two preschoolers -- ages 2 and 3)

It seems as Ola Middle School is the highest school in demand in this area, but most places I have found seem to go to Luella Middle School...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:00 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcMoving View Post
Hi I am looking for inside advice (someone who lives in the subdivision) on the Heron Bay area in Locust Grove. I know many people have bad opinions on renters, but we will be renting (my husband is in a line of work where we move around every couple years, now is not the time to be buying when we would have to sell that soon - also we still own a home in another state)
Anyway - we have come across a number of what look like very nice houses for rent but am wondering about the amenities, etc. What about the lake? Is it big enough to boat on, are boats allowed?

Schools are a big issue - we have a middle schooler (currently in 6th grade, and two preschoolers -- ages 2 and 3)

It seems as Ola Middle School is the highest school in demand in this area, but most places I have found seem to go to Luella Middle School...

Thanks!
I currently live in Heron Bay and it is a nice area but I believe it depends on what you want in a community.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,722 times
sorry about the break in my message,

The lake in Heron Bay you are not allowed to use boats with the engine running, because it is also drinking water. Very rarely have I seen others using boats in the lake, I have seen it some but not often.

The schools in the area zone for Heron Bay I personal do not like, but I believe that just maybe my personal opinion. I am from NY and our schools have a more challenging academic base for our children so that is my concern. My daughter would be in the 6th grade if we are still here (hope not) the Middle school here is pod city, you have pods that are ramp around the entire building of the school, so I would not be crazy about seeing my daughter learn in a outside trailer.
There are plenty of renters in Heron Bay I am one myself, I really do not know how people feel about renters, but I take care of my place, pay my rent and mmob so I guess that is that.

Let me know if you need any other information I would be glad to help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta