Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:16 PM

70 posts, read 293,940 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I will be in Atlanta Thursday night and Friday to celebrate my birthday! We will be staying and the Springhill Marriott in Buckhead. Can someone please suggest a few clubs/restaurants/bars in the Buckhead area for us to visit......26yr old African American couple looking for a classy, fun place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 04:17 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,738,607 times
I'm not great with bars but I highly recommend starting at The Tavern in Phipps Plaza to kick off your evening (I love their food). Fun atmosphere...where the pretty people go after work...great apps and drinks! Don't miss the killer nachos! A fun place to get the Atlanta vibe in Buckhead.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:02 PM

341 posts, read 1,337,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sncollns View Post
Hello All!

I will be in Atlanta Thursday night and Friday to celebrate my birthday! We will be staying and the Springhill Marriott in Buckhead. Can someone please suggest a few clubs/restaurants/bars in the Buckhead area for us to visit......26yr old African American couple looking for a classy, fun place.

^^^^
First off I wouldn’t go to the Tavern at Phipps, PM and I’ll tell you why. Since you’re going to be here Thursday night, I would start the evening at Maxim Prime downtown in the Glen Hotel or the Spice Market in the W Hotel just for a nice happy hour pre-curser to the evening. Peters Street on the backside of Downtown has some nice lounges/bars to start the evening off as well, may I suggest the Star Bar, Noir, No Mas, or Pearl which all are good to get the night started off ( Be aware that sometimes Peters St can get young as the Clark, Spelman, and Morehouse campuses are nearby). After that you should check out Crescent Ave in Midtown as they have a number of bars, lounges, clubs that pop off on Thursday night- Among those I would recommend the Leopard Lounge which is a lounge upstairs and a club downstairs, Sutra Lounge and Opera are good looks as well on Crescent Ave. Both of the W Hotels downtown have really nice, really classy clubs in them. The W on 14th has Whiskey Park , and the one at Centennial Park has the Mile High Club, both of those are uber trendy, and really classy. For Fridays you cant go wrong anywhere you have a number of different classy spots that are worth checking out- Loca Luna in Ansley Park, Mood Lounge in Buckhead, Dolce in Atlantic Station, East Andrews in Buckhead, Halo in Midtown, Utopia in West Midtown, Uptown Comedy Corner in West Midtown, and all of the aforementioned clubs that pop off on Thursday nights of course get it “poppin” on Friday. Beware though, both of the W’s on Friday have a very selective admission process, unless you call ahead and reserve or know someone, or you happen to pull up to the front in a Mazaradi you will be hard pressed to get in. And this may not be up your alley but nothing tops off a weekend night out in Atlanta than going to a strip club, Majic City, Club Onyx, Platinum 21, and the Pink Ponies north and south are all classy skin joints. IN addition to all those there are plenty of other joints in between downtown, midtown, buckhead, and VaHigh. Just ride down Peachtree and your bound to see something

Old 11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sncollns View Post
Hello All!

What kind of scene are you into?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
What kind of scene are you into?
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm not into one particular scene. No swinger joints or ghetto fab places though.

I like to try different things so I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,728,402 times
I think Crazy Virgo has covered most for visitors. If you have a particular style of music perhaps or crowd you like we can steer your further. If you just want a good party and some house or hip hop to dance to (but dont care which) then that advice is good. Maxim Prime is a nice place to start - if cabbing it you can go from Dolce for drinks and dinner to the midtown bar district. To bad its like the tundra and the rooftop decks are of no use any longer....I prefer Lava on Thursdays but I am into a niche scene - you can't go wrong iwth Opera and Sutra etc on a Thursday night. You can find a lot more crowd and more mainstream music at Lava on Friday and Saturday..

Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,728,402 times
I too would stay out buckhead for any thing fun related here.....forget twist and tavern and any of the restaurants up there...yes, I am indeed biased.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:44 AM

still like those nachos from tavern but I see your points!

Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM

Thanks guys. I'll check out a few of those places. Quick question, is Lenox Mall in Buckhead? What other mall is in the Buckhead area?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Phipps Plaza...home to the famous nachos at The Tavern...it all comes back to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: