Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:16 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,819,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Boy View Post
^^^
LOL!! I would consider being here since June of this year to be quite recent Chip!!! I lived here for a year in 1998 for my freshman year of college at Morehouse, then I realized that HBCU's are a joke so I transferred to NorthWestern U in Illionois, and now my job has moved me back here so yes I do still consider myself a recent transplant!
HBCU are a joke?Tell that to my Morehouse ,Spelman and C.A.U.family members.Tell that to C.D.Moody,Oprah Winfrey,Reginald Lewis,Billionaire Bob Johnson founder of BET,Tommy Dortch fmr national president of the 100 Black Men of America,Tell that to my Parents that both did their undergrad at an HBCU as well as myself.Its obvious it was not for you but don't down the many succesful alumni ,current students,teachers, professors and the forefathers that created those institution when you were not allowed to only walk in the back entrance of Northwestern to sweep the floors.They continue to have a place today as many colleges allow minority students to faulter as many come from schools districts in neighborhoods where the schools systems are subpar,leaving them unperpared without not just knowledge but confidence,guidance and other life tools that some never got at home.

You must also note that Atlanta has the second highest per capita incomes in the nation among blacks.The largest owned minority companies are here, as well as a HUGE urban music scene that employs young high paying music industry professional with high disposable incomes.Most are affiliated with those HBCU's in someway or another.Many of them in Twelve are in that idustry as well as athletics.They are not just rappers but sound stage mngrs,producers,stylist,etc....
These HBCU's provided the wealth to those African American to live in a building like Twelve,the Cascades,Buckhead or anywhere else they wish.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,478 times
shoot we getting htis money how ever we can get it mccain and barrack did dirt to get their's and yall cheer them on, now let the hustlers in

Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,072,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaalknight View Post
shoot we getting htis money how ever we can get it mccain and barrack did dirt to get their's and yall cheer them on, now let the hustlers in
What!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,828,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Boy

I lived here for a year in 1998 for my freshman year of college at Morehouse, then I realized that HBCU's are a joke so I transferred to NorthWestern U in Illionois, and now my job has moved me back here so yes I do still consider myself a recent transplant!
It sounds like you should have just stayed closer at better universities, like Emory, or any one of dozens of schools in the South just as prestigious as Northwestern and just as expensive.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

826 posts, read 3,123,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
HBCU are a joke?Tell that to my Morehouse ,Spelman and C.A.U.family members.Tell that to C.D.Moody,Oprah Winfrey,Reginald Lewis,Billionaire Bob Johnson founder of BET,Tommy Dortch fmr national president of the 100 Black Men of America,Tell that to my Parents that both did their undergrad at an HBCU as well as myself.Its obvious it was not for you but don't down the many succesful alumni ,current students,teachers, professors and the forefathers that created those institution when you were not allowed to only walk in the back entrance of Northwestern to sweep the floors.They continue to have a place today as many colleges allow minority students to faulter as many come from schools districts in neighborhoods where the schools systems are subpar,leaving them unperpared without not just knowledge but confidence,guidance and other life tools that some never got at home.

You must also note that Atlanta has the second highest per capita incomes in the nation among blacks.The largest owned minority companies are here, as well as a HUGE urban music scene that employs young high paying music industry professional with high disposable incomes.Most are affiliated with those HBCU's in someway or another.Many of them in Twelve are in that idustry as well as athletics.They are not just rappers but sound stage mngrs,producers,stylist,etc....
These HBCU's provided the wealth to those African American to live in a building like Twelve,the Cascades,Buckhead or anywhere else they wish.
Don't forget to mention me and my family, going back 4 generations who are all graduated of Howard University. That school laid the foundation for my families success. You may call my Upper Middle Class upbringing , going to great public schools, with trips Europe, yearly trip to Martha's Vineyard and weekends on my grandpas or dads yachts , a joke. I think it was actually pretty nice.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,774 times
Quote:
Anytime a drug dealer gets gunned down it brings a big smile to my face!

Drugs are a huge problem in this country and I completely understand what the op is saying. We have the same problem here in Houston, a bunch of thugs in some areas trying to take over neighborhoods with the good people prisoners in their own homes and a number of apologists for this type of degenerate behavior.

Solution? LEGALIZE all drugs!!! You could tax them, put that money toward helping bring back bad hoods and force these non working lowlife dealers to have to work or die whatever doesn't matter to me. Bottom line is that not many people will use drugs that didn't before since drug laws are not really a deterrent. The police and good people need to get more invoved in taking back their streets and not be ridiculed for trying.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,828,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Anytime a drug dealer gets gunned down it brings a big smile to my face!

Drugs are a huge problem in this country and I completely understand what the op is saying. We have the same problem here in Houston, a bunch of thugs in some areas trying to take over neighborhoods with the good people prisoners in their own homes and a number of apologists for this type of degenerate behavior.

Solution? LEGALIZE all drugs!!! You could tax them, put that money toward helping bring back bad hoods and force these non working lowlife dealers to have to work or die whatever doesn't matter to me. Bottom line is that not many people will use drugs that didn't before since drug laws are not really a deterrent. The police and good people need to get more invoved in taking back their streets and not be ridiculed for trying.
Now, that's not very nice to wish someone dead for an offense less than murder...is it? You can't assume that they are all lowlifes. They are a horrible wart on society, but there are many professional, otherwise decent citizens out there who do and deal drugs that aren't lowlifes at all - with the exception of dealing drugs.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,819,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
What!
yeh i second that. WHAT?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,429,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
yeh i second that. WHAT?

May I 3rd that ? I cannot understand where it started, and where it's going. As a teacher, I must say the school system failed you (or vice versa). Not passing judgement, but Good Lord!!

Old 10-21-2008, 03:36 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,524,535 times
Quote:
i laugh at this troll.

this is not a real person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta