Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,357 times

Advertisements

I have finally made up my mind to make the move to Atlanta. I have lived in Lafayette, LA for 18 years and I really want to get away and experience a new place to live My daughter is graduating from high school next year and I have a son that is in the 7th grade. Can anyone tell me where is a good place to live that has a good school district and is safe to live. My daughter is looking to go to college in Atlanta, what are the best colleges that offer hospiltality management degree's. I would appreciate any input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 08:04 AM

360 posts, read 1,016,045 times
Still learning the area better myself, but if you can afford it, I don't see how you could go wrong with Decatur.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 PM

159 posts, read 458,505 times
I live in Mableton which is close to Atlanta and affordable. Parts of Mableton are being revitalized and new subdivisions being built. Also nice apartments. Smyrna area is good. Not sure about the schools, I think they are O.K. but you could check on Cobb County Schools. Cobb County is very nice. I like to live close to town because of the economy. The Cumberland Mall area is nice and has some nice apartments on Northside Drive. This area is also very convenient to everything.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:44 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,154,963 times
It all depends on where your job will be as the traffic in Atlanta can be a bear. I agree with the City of Decatur. It has an excellent public school system and is close to downtown. It has been called where "Berkley meets Mayberry". Here are some websites to check out:

City of Decatur, GA
City Schools of Decatur

I Googled hospitality degree and Georgia and Georgia State popped up. That would be an easy commute from Decatur (City) if your daughter did not live on campus. Here is the website that popped up Which Colleges Have Hospitality Management Degree Programs in the Atlanta, GA Area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta