Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Yes, you are too picky and most of you ladies WANT TOO MUCH, want want want want want. Living in Atlanta as ANY black man is like being a mouse in a cheese factory with no cats around. Removing panties has never been easier. You gals should change your priorities, look for a good man with family values and not "successful" man. A woman worst enemy is her mouth and the more you talk, the more wolves like me listen. Keep yelling what you want, keeping putting all your cards on the table. This process will not get you a "successful" man, what it will get you is notch on the next man's resume. All that schooling and degrees and some of you broads will never figure it out. You'll walk right pass the good guy to chat it up with Coolyfett. That good guy is just like your father and brothers, but you want a "successful" man. Us Wolves and Snakes are in the clubs and bars waiting. No lie.

Cooly, you have been officially crowned The new "KING of the SOUTH"!!!
Preach on my man. They need to hear the truth. I laugh at the ladies with the new Lexus taste on a used Toyota budget. You said it. They want the "successful" man, not a good man, not a respecful, honorable man.

They see $$$$, and titles, the 6br/5bath house in Cascade/Buckhead, not the hard working, aspiring, properly raised, young man with probably an almost paid off 3/2, house or condo with no debt etc.

Ladies,
Keep watching that nonsense on TV, defininng what a good or successful man is. Keep falling for the traps. There is nothing wrong with aspiring for greater, but I see some women with very little to offer, but want the world at their feet. Wake up!! The odds are stacked against you. You outnumber the men, yet want to act like you're on a field picking berries! Not saying you should settle, but please open your eyes and define what a good man is for you. Please don't think I am sending you in the opposite direction to some loser thugs. I'm asking for you to balance things out. Be realistic with who you are, what you want and what you can deal with!! Good Luck. I honestly mean it, to those who truly deserve a good man (whatever color he may be).

I have friends and family in Atlanta who are single and in heaven. They tell me the scene is totally to their advantage. They are single, professional, and outgoing.

Have fun, cooly!! I'm married, so I take it easy. The wife has her worries about Atlanta and other women trying to get theirs.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:44 PM

750 posts, read 2,278,422 times
Quote:
Yes, you are too picky and most of you ladies WANT TOO MUCH, want want want want want. Living in Atlanta as ANY black man is like being a mouse in a cheese factory with no cats around. Removing panties has never been easier. You gals should change your priorities, look for a good man with family values and not "successful" man. A woman worst enemy is her mouth and the more you talk, the more wolves like me listen. Keep yelling what you want, keeping putting all your cards on the table. This process will not get you a "successful" man, what it will get you is notch on the next man's resume. All that schooling and degrees and some of you broads will never figure it out. You'll walk right pass the good guy to chat it up with Coolyfett. That good guy is just like your father and brothers, but you want a "successful" man. Us Wolves and Snakes are in the clubs and bars waiting. No lie.
Deleted by me

Last edited by JasonPaul; 04-19-2009 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: HUH?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:15 AM

21 posts, read 150,424 times
Quote:
Much respect for your quote...but one thing i refuse to do is settle like i did in my last relationship. i don't want a man that doesn't like to work, i don't want a man who is disrespectful to me, my friends, and family, I don't want a man who is a dog either. But what i will take from a man is love, respect, and someone who is willing to put in the work like me. so if i have to remain picky, to get what i want, then i will. One thing black women have to learn to do is be happily single. Love yourself like no one else will.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,624,608 times
Quote:
The disdain for women in general in this post is telling and frankly quite alarming. Unfortunately, it's all too common. The level of misogyny you encounter in the mating/dating scene in most 'chocolate cities' is reason enough for the OP to stay in Oregon or wherever she might be. Cast a wide net, expand your dating options and stay far away from these types. I don't think it's a lot to ask that men be both successful and decent human beings. People talk as though the two things are mutually exclusive. Only black women are told that our expectations are too high. Other women are encouraged to seek out men at or above our own level, yet somehow we're supposed to be content with anything we can get. Keep it moving ladies, and you might want to read some of the posts on my blog under Free Lessons. I've got a really good one about never taking dating advice from men. These predators want to keep you desperate and needy so that you're a sitting duck for them and their woman-hating bs.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
The disdain for women in general in this post is telling and frankly quite alarming. Unfortunately, it's all too common. The level of misogyny you encounter in the mating/dating scene in most 'chocolate cities' is reason enough for the OP to stay in Oregon or wherever she might be. Cast a wide net, expand your dating options and stay far away from these types. I don't think it's a lot to ask that men be both successful and decent human beings. People talk as though the two things are mutually exclusive. Only black women are told that our expectations are too high. Other women are encouraged to seek out men at or above our own level, yet somehow we're supposed to be content with anything we can get. Keep it moving ladies, and you might want to read some of the posts on my blog under Free Lessons. I've got a really good one about never taking dating advice from men. These predators want to keep you desperate and needy so that you're a sitting duck for them and their woman-hating bs.
amen amen amen...girl you put the icing on the cake with this one! will definitely check out your blogs..thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,524,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roslynholcomb View Post
the disdain for women in general in this post is telling and frankly quite alarming. Unfortunately, it's all too common. The level of misogyny you encounter in the mating/dating scene in most 'chocolate cities' is reason enough for the op to stay in oregon or wherever she might be. Cast a wide net, expand your dating options and stay far away from these types. I don't think it's a lot to ask that men be both successful and decent human beings. People talk as though the two things are mutually exclusive. Only black women are told that our expectations are too high. Other women are encouraged to seek out men at or above our own level, yet somehow we're supposed to be content with anything we can get. Keep it moving ladies, and you might want to read some of the posts on my blog under free lessons. I've got a really good one about never taking dating advice from men. These predators want to keep you desperate and needy so that you're a sitting duck for them and their woman-hating bs.
*loud evil laughter*

Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
*loud evil laughter*

Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM

351 posts, read 534,497 times
Quote:
Its probably impossible for black men to hate black women as much as black women hate black men(this became very apparent while reading "classic" african american female literature)

Old 04-20-2009, 12:03 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,576 times
Quote:
Go read "Act Like a Lady, Think like A Man", then come talk. Would it make sense to take advice about what men think from a lady? I think not. Talk all you want, the odds are in our favor. How often do you see men asking about dating black women on this forum? Not too often as we all know. I actually like the fact that women are making the moves now. It is so easy for men to get what they want. They are the ones who can afford to be super picky nowadays. This is the tipping point. (Yes, I proudly say it with arrogance )

Ramble all you want on your blogs, but Steve Harvey's book is making more headlines, and women are listening (To him more than you, I might add ). So I laugh at this and other similar posts that want to make men feel guilty or look bad.

By the way, I have a great (black caribbean) woman and I am thankful for that. I had her read this thread last night, and she laughed at the nonsense some women out there are demanding when they in turn don't offer much. They set these unrealistic goals that they could never accomplish, but want to find someone to compliment them. How can a successful man compliment a woman that isn't successful herself or better yet, has another definition of success?

Nothing against the OP, but..
What would bring a "successful" woman on a forum and ask where to seek successful black men in Atlanta? I wonder where she got that idea from... (more than likely other women who probably have no idea how to define their own success, or have materialistic and superficial ideas of success and told her Atlanta had a whole lot of black men with money, not just success). -> (big house, expensive cars, the bling factor so to speak. These are just derivatives of having money, not success. Many young women nowadays cannot make that difference, hence dating thugs and losers with money and appearance of success)

Should she not be able to have access to these "successful" black men in her circle? Let's be real. I do agree with you, that she should look elsewhere, in terms of race. I ask plenty of black women why they don't date outside their race. Many are just not attracted to other races, and there are countless other reasons. While you and I do encourage these women to broaden their horizons, most don't care to.
Also, not everyone of another race will be receptive to these black women either.

I am mixed (to clear the air), and have friends that are of other races, that say they would not date black women because of many issues. One colleague stated without trying to offend: "If they give black men problems, it may be worse for us". His words. So, sadly black women as a whole have some issues to deal with. Not just black men.

To the OP, if your career opportunities are still available and you want to make the move, by all means do. You will eventually find your mate. He may not be rich or black, but he may be all you need. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,624,608 times
Sure I'm going to read a book written by a man who has been divorced twice and cheated on all his wives. Not surprised that he would come highly recommended. Predators have their own patron saints, after all.

I would hope that the male responses on this thread has given the OP an object lesson of the type of misogynist hatred that is so prevalent here and she'll avoid this city as though the very hounds of hell are after her. The gloating over the notion that you have somehow got one up on my black women is quite sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta