Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:29 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Here are the facts: The article clearly states that Drug cartels set-up shop for the purpose of transporting drugs up the east coast. NOT IN GWINNETT. One would think that Gwinnett was filled with crackheads reading some of the stuff I read. The real question is, why Gwinnett? And the answer is obvious: Close to I85, Mexicans can easily blend in, apartments in Norcross and Western Lawrenceville (I live in East Lawrenceville, which is worlds away), etc...

2 years ago, in Rural Dacula 2 grow houses were found (marijuana) where I see confederate flags and Bible Thumpers. QUESTION - Is this product being grown for the purpose of selling in Gwinnett? LET'S USE COMMON SENSE!!!!!!! THE PROBLEM IS A FEDERAL PROBLEM (AS IS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION).

Now, I'll tell when people should be concerned/scared. When and If the RIFF-RAFF move in. The corner-boy; the petty corner weed/crack seller; the single parent household dweller (66% of all black children grow up in single parent households); the derelict, the menace who prey on neighborhoods and schools for no good reason. This is local problem that is very, very, very difficuly to fix in a suburb!!!!!

And as for all of the {Removed: do not use insulting words please - moderator} who mention Marta and crime - we know that MARTA would bring the RIFF-RAFF - if not implemented right.. I am black and honest enough to say it!!!! These "Drug Cartels" are just using the county for location. PLEASE THINK!!!!!!
Good Point!
All jokes aside, it is getting rather sad where everywhere you look there are drug issues, crack infested inner city neighborhoods, grow houses in the suburbs, meth labs in the rural areas.
Heck, I work for a large Fortune Coporation which requires pre-hire drug testing and background screening. We actually had 7, yes, 7 folks in a row, all college educated of all different ethnic backgrounds fail the drug test. Everything from Smoke to Ice

It's amazing how the Fed's and politicians keep chanting about how drug use has decline. They use LSD and Heroine as the main stat's and not include dust and meth. From panhandlers to white collar, it's just sad.

To all the MARTA fans, the next time your on the train take count of how many folks in dress are constantly snorting and rubbing their nose and how many folks actually have black around their fingertips and eyes. You may be surprised.

Until we uphold our current laws and punish the criminal, we will continue to have this issue no matter what state, county, or town. By the way, the gang was out of Rhode Island, the shootout and kidnapping took place on Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth Gwinnett, the house which was a bad tip was in Lawrenceville, and the other was in DeKalb. Of course, they could of taken a bound and gagged man on MARTA after midnight and nobody would probably thought it was anything out of the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM

15 posts, read 142,309 times
We "didn't care" back in 2005, until the day the rental house across the street was raided, resulting in the largest drug bust in GA history (at the time). They found cash, guns, millions in drugs and info leading to other rental houses and storage units.

So yeah, when houses in your nice, safe neighborhood start renting (kiss of death) to suspicious characters... you might not be crazy for thinking something is going on.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 AM

4 posts, read 8,935 times
Default Rural/Metropolitan Atlanta here in lies the destruction of addiction!

The rapid growth of the drug influx and abuse in Downtown Atlanta has finally truly impacted the blue collar & porch swinging suburbia/rural Georgians. We Have seen the increase in hard drugs to the area in the matter of less than ten years from present. When I say area I do not mean Atlanta; I mean North, East, West, and South 20-30 miles outside the perimeter seeping into the lives and families of not just small town America, but Small town Georgia. I think a great solution for certain known bad areas in and outside the perimeter should be state sold and bought to a private investor/developer who is going to add true monetary value as well as old family values back into today's society.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 AM

341 posts, read 1,337,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 road original View Post
The rapid growth of the drug influx and abuse in Downtown Atlanta has finally truly impacted the blue collar & porch swinging suburbia/rural Georgians. We Have seen the increase in hard drugs to the area in the matter of less than ten years from present. When I say area I do not mean Atlanta; I mean North, East, West, and South 20-30 miles outside the perimeter seeping into the lives and families of not just small town America, but Small town Georgia. I think a great solution for certain known bad areas in and outside the perimeter should be state sold and bought to a private investor/developer who is going to add true monetary value as well as old family values back into today's society.

LOL.... Oh yeah all the meth labs in Hall county, Coweta County, Dalton GA, and other rural/suburban areas slowly crept from the city out to the "porch swinging suburbia/rural areas"!!! LMAO for real!!! Dude meth isnt now and never was an inner city ghetto drug, you will find crack and heroine houses in the inner city, but a meth lab??? Never!!!! Junkies in the inner city wouldn’t know what to do with meth if a bag of it fell from the sky directly into their lap.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
LOL.... Oh yeah all the meth labs in Hall county, Coweta County, Dalton GA, and other rural/suburban areas slowly crept from the city out to the "porch swinging suburbia/rural areas"!!! LMAO for real!!! Dude meth isnt now and never was an inner city ghetto drug, you will find crack and heroine houses in the inner city, but a meth lab??? Never!!!! Junkies in the inner city wouldn’t know what to do with meth if a bag of it fell from the sky directly into their lap.
True...meth addiction is rampant in small towns and suburbia. It was never a big city/urban drug.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Oldschoolchevy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta