Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times

Advertisements

I posted this in the Dog forum but have yet to receive a response.

If anyone can provide a phone number to a pit rescue group in Atlanta please respond.

I visited a friend in Toccoa, GA this past weekend and found 'Katie' wandering alone on a dirt road. I stopped, because I was lost and the car behind me told me that stray dogs were often picked up in this area for animal testing. There are a number of meth labs in this area, too--not a good place for people or animals, jmo. Stephens County has promised to look into this.

Anyway--Katie is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever known. About 9/10 mo old, 35/40 lbs---submissive to my lhasa apso and got along well with 10 cats and a shepherd/chow mix. When we visited the dog park she played well with all kinds of other dogs and enjoyed meeting an assortment of people.

No health issues the vet said, other than a few fleas. My friend picked ticks off her ears and she didn't complain.

I brought her home--and my Mother went beserk --called animal control this AM, Monday, June 23 and it broke my heart.

I cannot sleep tonight because I was coming inside to get to the computer to look for a local rescue group online when animal control arrived. My Mother has some 'problems'/87 yrs old and she can be mean.

This is a healthy, well adjusted dog and I cannot bear the thought of her being destroyed. I think she has some lab in her and she has amazing light blue eyes--like ice.

Thanks for any FYI you might provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 07:14 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,093,187 times
I just went online and here are some results on the Google search:

Welcome to Pit Prints Rescue and Rehabilitation
pit bull rescue shelters @ (they have additional breeds listed too)
All or Nothing Pitbull Rescue

Hope you can find a home for Katie. All my "critters" are adopted.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I just went online and here are some results on the Google search:

Welcome to Pit Prints Rescue and Rehabilitation
pit bull rescue shelters @ (they have additional breeds listed too)
All or Nothing Pitbull Rescue

Hope you can find a home for Katie. All my "critters" are adopted.
Thank you, George---I am working as fast as I can to find contacts and these are great.

Such a sweet dog ---I need to have my own place again and I will foster rescue animals ---'As God is my Witness'---to quote Scarlett O'Hara.

Cursing a man with Square One Realty now--almost found such a place in Clairmont Hills in Chamblee 2 weeks ago. He said 'Come on over and I'll show you the place...' so I did. As I was getting out my check book he rented it to another couple who said they would go to Walmart to get the deposit.

I don't think much of Jonathan or Square One Realty for that.

I love Clairmont Hills and I will continue to look --small, older homes--1940's/50's---I love those 'cottages' so much.

I need a place to rent and get away from 'Mommie Dearest'---been looking for several years. If you know of anything like that --I think you work with intown/midtown real estate?

(((George)))

Old 06-24-2008, 03:14 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,093,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Thank you, George---I am working as fast as I can to find contacts and these are great.

Such a sweet dog ---I need to have my own place again and I will foster rescue animals ---'As God is my Witness'---to quote Scarlett O'Hara.

Cursing a man with Square One Realty now--almost found such a place in Clairmont Hills in Chamblee 2 weeks ago. He said 'Come on over and I'll show you the place...' so I did. As I was getting out my check book he rented it to another couple who said they would go to Walmart to get the deposit.

I don't think much of Jonathan or Square One Realty for that.

I love Clairmont Hills and I will continue to look --small, older homes--1940's/50's---I love those 'cottages' so much.

I need a place to rent and get away from 'Mommie Dearest'---been looking for several years. If you know of anything like that --I think you work with intown/midtown real estate?

(((George)))
Yes I specialize in intown real estate. Not much in rental though. Let me know your specs and I will keep my eyes out open for you

Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM

oK

What I would like: Rental/Lease to Own

--Around $850-1,000/mo
--'Vintage' bungalow/cottage--Single Family home
--Clairmont Hills/Chamblee area or Cofer Park/Tucker or anywhere near 'The Emory Corridor' in this price range--I pretty much know how challenging this will be
I've looked from LaVista, Briarcliff, Clairmont, North Druid Hills to Tucker and near the Chamblee library and along Flowers Rd/nice little subdivisions over there but I cannot recall the names right now. Near?? an elementary school between Buford Hwy and Peachtreee Industrial.

--2/3 Bdr
--1, 1 1/2, 2 ba
--Fenced yard for small dog, lhasa apso
--Safe
--1940's, 50's style homes --would consider ranch/60's style
--I plan to rent for a year--resolve some financial issues then hopefully buy

There are such houses out there and I have come close to renting/leasing several times.

LOL--if such a house exists in this price range in Va Highland that would be my first choice. Most Wonderful part of Atlanta, jmo. My parents started out on Cresthill around Grady/Grace Methodist Church so I have an 'affinity' for the area.

I cannot really deal with some involved in real estate--don't understand all that goes into home ownership but people have said that Bank of America has programs to teach this. That is on my list of things to do--growing longer by the minute.

~~~
Update on Katie:
--They say she will be kept there for seven days
--I can go in the AM to get her
--Hope to find some of the 'dog people' in my neighborhood to find a place for her to stay
--Hoping that a person with a rescue group will call me back
--FYI: If anyone else finds a dog and DeKalb Animal Control is involved>>>
* You have to go in person to find out about the dog
They close at 4:30 PM
Kennel does not answer the phone/hopefully they are busy caring for the dogs/cats
Fingers crossed she wasn't left in the van in the heat to die before arrival. That happened to a man in Sagamore Hills a couple of years ago--his labs were taken and did die in the summer heat. I believe this generated some reform of that agency. More will be generated if anything happened to this dog. cough.

'Hold your government accountable'--we do try in DeKalb County--a full time job but that is How It Is. Some positive changes have come in the past few years.

The individual in charge of Parks and Recreation is very concerned. Those who handle the roads/traffic signals along North Druid Hills could not be nicer.

This is like a 'Miracle' to me. Back in the 'day--DeKalb was less willing to listen to citizens so I am impressed when I communicate with those in government that are willing to at least listen.

tia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta