Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: You Have To Choose: Peachtree City or Peachtree Corners?
Peachtree City 13 35.14%
Peachtree Corners 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 04:41 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The City of Peachtree Corners announced that the history of its storied past has been captured in the community's first history book. The book titled Peachtree Corners, the History of an Innovative and Remarkable City 1777-2020, is filled with stories of long ago. Numerous historical photographs add to the story of the community's rich past. The 230-page coffee table-style book is expected to be released soon.

Well-known author Carole Townsend tells the story of the early days when the Creek Indians claimed the land as their own, then takes the reader on a journey of the early settlers through the eyes of long-time residents who recall farm life. That life was hinged on a good crop year which determined if the farmer's children would have new shoes for the coming school year. The city's history ends with its modern-day transformation that began in the 1970s when Georgia Tech engineer and developer Paul Duke began purchasing land for Technology Park and the surrounding community.
'History Of Peachtree Corners' Book To Debut Soon - Peachtree Corners, has a rich and colorful history. Centuries ago, Native Americans roamed the land bordered by the Chattahoochee River. (Peachtree Corners Patch)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 07:22 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
I've actually not been to either. But from what research I've done, all in all I'd just rather be closer to the city.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:47 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,992,349 times
I'd love the path system of Ptree City and being in a smaller, quieter community. Love the parks and potentially slower pace of life.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:11 AM

A public notice of the application for a license to serve alcoholic beverages for a new establishment in the new Peachtree Corners Town Center mixed-use development:

Quote:
CITY OF PEACHTREE CORNERS PUBLIC NOTICE APH 2021-02-006 PLACE: City of Peachtree Corners City Hall 310 Technology Pkwy DATE & TIME: Tuesday, March 28, 2021 7:00 P.M. PURPOSE:Alcoholic Beverage License Application Consumption on Premises - Malt Beverage, Wine & Distilled Spirits APPLICANT: First Watch 5230 Town Center BlvdPeachtree Corners, GA 30092 904-29886 3/17
CITY OF PEACHTREE CORNERS PUBLIC NOTICE APH 2021-02-006 PLACE: (Gwinnett Daily Post)

Old 03-18-2021, 10:08 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
I've actually not been to either. But from what research I've done, all in all I'd just rather be closer to the city.
Come on, Mr./Ms. Minnesotan-Now-Atlantan! You’ve done a fabulous job getting to know this Forested Metropolis—and you need to be sure to visit PTC and PeCo pronto!

Old 03-18-2021, 11:34 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
This is an excellent thread, aries!

I am fond of PeCo, but it can be spotty.

For overall quality of life I'd give the nod to PTC. It's very cohesive and it's hard to beat all those golf cart trails.

Old 03-18-2021, 03:26 PM

47 posts, read 75,248 times
One caveat---any survey/poll about south side city (Peachtree City) vs north side city (Peachtree Corners) can be skewed toward the winning number for north side city because the majority of people in Atlanta Forum reside in or have connection to north side.

Anyway, as a south side resident, I am strongly in favor of Peachtree City (PTC) for its unique landscape and quality of life. Currently I live in a neighborhood bordering on the north side of Kedron Lake. Walking, running, or driving a cart on the lake trail is one of my family's favorites. Unlike Peachtree Lake, located in the center of PTC, attracting people---PTC residents, visitors, tourists--- along the trails, Kedron Lake trails are virtually for neighbors.

During my 30-40 minute walking, for instance, I see only a few people walking or driving by, and sometimes I enjoy having a chat with neighbors on the trail. The lake is preserved for the water source for PTC, so wild geese/goslings, turtles, and other wild animals flourish here, and watching them at the lake background is one of my delightful pastime. Actually I lived long in California before moving to Georgia, and every time I miss California beaches, I walk/run along the lake.

Another good example for PTC quality of life---Costco! Anybody not happy with a lot of crowds and long lines at Costco in north side cities should come to Costco bordering on PTC to find out how comfortable and easy having a shopping is here. Here at Costco, you don't need to waste time at the gas pump because there is no waiting line almost anytime, even on weekends.

No doubt, some people can appreciate the busy and fast-moving, but convenient life style that north side cities might offer. But I believe the corona pandemic situation has reminded us of how valuable a slower but "quality" lifestyle that PTC and neighboring south side cities can offer. Some people try to paint PTC as suitable for seniors and its lifestyle as boring and not exciting, but don't forget---PTC is actually a very vibrant family community as once chosen as the best place to raise kids in Georgia (by the national survey of the renowned Bloomberg Journal)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo...aise-kids-2013

Old 03-18-2021, 03:44 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
PTC is a nice community that might be a good fit for someone who's settled down in their professional/personal lives and seek a homogeneous and pastoral lifestyle.

Personally, it's not my cup of tea.

So I chose Peachtree Corners.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:02 PM

562 posts, read 1,125,758 times
Peachtree Corners for most of the same reasons already mentioned!!!

Old 03-18-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This is an excellent thread, aries!

I am fond of PeCo, but it can be spotty.

For overall quality of life I'd give the nod to PTC. It's very cohesive and it's hard to beat all those golf cart trails.
I guess that it depends on what one personally may consider to be a good quality-of-life.

While Peachtree City may often be lauded for providing a very quiet and more controlled outer-suburban environment that experiences virtually no crime, Peachtree City also very often receives a significant amount of criticism for being a relatively less diverse, comparatively more homogeneous and insular type of environment, or a “bubble” that is isolated from other less-controlled parts of the Atlanta metropolitan area.

Peachtree City is a very good option for people who like very quiet, extremely low-crime outer-suburban environments.

And being on the less-developed and less-crowded side of town in an area of less-expensive housing prices (particularly when compared to comparable affluent areas on the Northside) only minutes away from the world’s busiest airport only seems to add to the desirability of living in an affluent outer-suburban community like Peachtree City.

Meanwhile, a Northside suburban community like Peachtree Corners obviously does not feature the type of controlled environment that many may understandably find to be very appealing.

But a Northside suburban community like Peachtree Corners (while being a recipient of the same kind of heavy development and overdevelopment pressures that has contributed directly to the very heavy traffic congestion and crowding issues that much of metro Atlanta experiences, particularly above/north of I-20) may hold much appeal for many (including myself) because of the extreme diversity of people and the overwhelming presence of amenities that the area offers... Both of which ironically have been fostered by greater Atlanta’s mostly uncontrolled metropolitan development patterns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta