Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 11:08 AM

4 posts, read 31,400 times

Advertisements

We have never been to this venue...Is it easy to drive down there? We have VIP parking for an upcoming concert and was wondering if we should still take MARTA? As for MARTA, are the shuttles easy to maneuver going and coming? Does anyone know exactly where the VIP parking is at the venue?? (possibly a link with maps and streets to the parking areas?) Finally, we would like to get 2 additional seats for this concert and were wondering if the uncovered seats almost at the lawn would be worth it or should we just get 2 lawn seats for our teenagers? Thanks for any info or insight on this venue..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 AM
ABM

339 posts, read 993,531 times
My wife says it's a hell-hole.

Me? I'm looking forward to the Eagles concert at the new Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta. Scored tickets from user on this site. Just another reason why I like it here so much!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,304,122 times
The advantage to the uncovered seats compared to the lawn is that you have a seat and if it rains, there is less chance of getting muddy (I've been on the lawn in the pouring rain and I got wet, but not muddy). If I were you, I'd buy the kids lawn seats and let them sit on the grass (or a blanket, which you are allowed to bring in). You can also rent lawn chairs from the venue.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:30 PM

196 posts, read 732,647 times
My wife and I went to 5 concerts there last year and the VIP parking is great. I parked everytime not more than 100 yards from the entrance. Go with the covered seats and it is much more enjoyable....

Old 03-19-2008, 09:53 PM

288 posts, read 959,545 times
Hey, cool post, I saw Alice N Chains and Velvet Revolver there last fall, and parking was a breeze! When your on the main road coming off Lakewood Freeway, there is a gravel parking area basically right in front of the amphitheatre, and the parking dudes lead you to an open spot. In regards to seating in there, I definitely would try to get the covered seating if you can, for one, like said above if it rains the lawn seats become a mudslide, lol, and two, you have your own seat to sit if you need to. The other spot I would say is the bar seating area right in front of the seating area, which we were right behind, not sure of the prices, but they looked like awesome seats, and they sat up kinda high which looked good for a nice view of the stage! Well, hope this helped!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 AM

Default Anyone ridden Marta to Lakewood?

Is it a zoo to get onto a shuttle? Do you have to leave the concert a bit early to assure you are on the shuttle? Thanks

Old 03-21-2008, 06:49 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd97 View Post
Is it a zoo to get onto a shuttle? Do you have to leave the concert a bit early to assure you are on the shuttle? Thanks

I haven't ridden the shuttle in several years, but I have used it many times and never had any difficulty.

Here's a tip for the train station...once the shuttle drops you off at the station, get on the train going in the opposite direction that you need to go. Get off at the first stop and then board the train going in the correct direction. You'll be able to board a mostly empty train and get a seat that way.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:19 AM

Default Why does MARTA charge $1 to ride the shuttle to Lakewood?

It is free to get off a train and ride marta to a ballgame. Does anyone know if it is a $1 both ways to and from the amphitheater?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd97 View Post
It is free to get off a train and ride marta to a ballgame. Does anyone know if it is a $1 both ways to and from the amphitheater?
Is that right? I never got charged for the Lakewood/Hi Fi shuttle. It always used to be normal fare, just like if you were transfering from rail to bus or bus to rail. Maybe they charge $1 because some people park at the Lakewood station (for free) and take the shuttle to the amphitheater?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: