Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 03:14 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times

Advertisements

anybody else remember tinder box in lenox square? until about 10 years ago you could smoke in the mall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 09:54 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
anybody else remember tinder box in lenox square? until about 10 years ago you could smoke in the mall!
Gross. Might as well let people spit in the floor if you're going to do that. Equally as obnoxious and disgusting.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:39 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Gross. Might as well let people spit in the floor if you're going to do that. Equally as obnoxious and disgusting.
?? It actually wasn't gross. It smelled like good cigars. I have a vague memory of walking by it. Wasn't it down near the Dungeons and Dragons store on your way to the food court?

Old 12-11-2016, 11:02 AM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
There's a Target across the street from Perimeter Mall.
And Lennox as well.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:05 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I hate Lenox because it's always over crowded and like 50% of the people there aren't even shopping....just socializing.
Agree with this.

But Lenox is more convenient than Perimeter, so we go there more often. The way to get to Perimeter from Central DeKalb is to go right by Lenox on 400.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:31 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
?? It actually wasn't gross. It smelled like good cigars. I have a vague memory of walking by it. Wasn't it down near the Dungeons and Dragons store on your way to the food court?
I just don't think other people should have to breathe in toxins because some people took up a bad habit. Triggers asthma attacks in some people, can make allergy sufferers miserable, and obviously constant exposure can be deadly. I'm happy smoking is banned nearly everywhere, I'd be happy to see it banned entirely outside of private homes.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:59 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
That was it.

There weren't that many places to buy good cigars back in those days. I used to give boxes of them to my stogie smoking friends at Christmas and to new dads to pass out when a new bundle of joy arrived on the scene.

Probably not good for your health but they seemed to be much appreciated. I'd smoke one myself every now and then with a glass of single malt.

Last edited by arjay57; 12-11-2016 at 07:25 PM..

Old 12-12-2016, 08:24 AM
bu2

Quote:
Hate the smell of cigars. Nauseating to me. Worse than cigarettes. Pipes could have a good smell, but cigars just awful.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:21 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,940 times
Living south of the City, I would literally pass Lenox Square by car or by MARTA train to get to Perimeter, so I seldom go there. Day to day shopping equals Southlake Macy''s, Sear's, or Children's Place; something special equals Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza, usually Belk, or Macy's or a specialty store there. That said, I really prefer Lenox Square/ Phipps Plaza anyway over Perimeter (and I am DEFINITELY of modest means.) Van Maur is VERY NICE at Perimeter, though (reminds me of Rich's or Parisian of a bygone era). The Dillard's at Perimeter DEFINITELY seems "downmarket" compared to their gorgeous store at Atlantic Station in Midtown (the closest Dillard's to my home). Really, the Perimeter Dillard's seems to have a lot in common with the J. C. Penny's that used to be located in their building than the Midtown/ Atlantic Station Dillard's from my observation. Not mentioned, but J. C. Penny's at the much maligned (at least on city-data0 Northlake Mall is DEFINITELY the best of the Penny's chain in Metro Atlanta: large full department store concept, two levels, and a full home store including furniture. Not a "baby Penny's" like Fayetteville/ McDonough. Those are small with limited selection like the "baby Belks" of many of the suburbs. The Lenox Square Macy's (old flagship Rich's) and Phipps Plaza Belk (Atlanta flagship) are MUCH larger with better selections than their suburban counterparts like the Perimeter Macy's. (Perimeter has no Belk to compare).

Old 12-13-2016, 01:49 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Living south of the City, I would literally pass Lenox Square by car or by MARTA train to get to Perimeter, so I seldom go there. Day to day shopping equals Southlake Macy''s, Sear's, or Children's Place; something special equals Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza, usually Belk, or Macy's or a specialty store there. That said, I really prefer Lenox Square/ Phipps Plaza anyway over Perimeter (and I am DEFINITELY of modest means.) Van Maur is VERY NICE at Perimeter, though (reminds me of Rich's or Parisian of a bygone era). The Dillard's at Perimeter DEFINITELY seems "downmarket" compared to their gorgeous store at Atlantic Station in Midtown (the closest Dillard's to my home). Really, the Perimeter Dillard's seems to have a lot in common with the J. C. Penny's that used to be located in their building than the Midtown/ Atlantic Station Dillard's from my observation. Not mentioned, but J. C. Penny's at the much maligned (at least on city-data0 Northlake Mall is DEFINITELY the best of the Penny's chain in Metro Atlanta: large full department store concept, two levels, and a full home store including furniture. Not a "baby Penny's" like Fayetteville/ McDonough. Those are small with limited selection like the "baby Belks" of many of the suburbs. The Lenox Square Macy's (old flagship Rich's) and Phipps Plaza Belk (Atlanta flagship) are MUCH larger with better selections than their suburban counterparts like the Perimeter Macy's. (Perimeter has no Belk to compare).
Hmm, that is not my experience at all. The Atlantic Station Dillards definitely LOOKS newer and fresher than the Perimeter one, because it is, indeed, newer, but the Perimeter location tends to carry more higher-end merchandise, at least in menswear. I have on numerous occasions picked up Hickey-Freeman and Daniel Cremieux Signature suits, which typically retail for $1,500-2,000, at the Perimeter location, but I have not often seen those kinds of suits at the Atlantic Station location. (I should note that I didn't pay anywhere close to original retail price on those suits... I have picked them up during one of their amazing 65% off already reduced merchandise sales, making the final price around $250-300. If you can time it right and find the right suit in your size, it's really fantastic.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta