Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 04:06 PM

7,366 posts, read 6,558,048 times

Advertisements

If guns don't belong on campus, then why are there so many guns on campus?
Georgia State closing library to public; 2 more robberies... | www.ajc.com
Students robbed on Savannah State University campus - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports
Georgia Tech students tied up and robbed in apartment near campus | www.ajc.com
Suspect arrested in armed robbery inside Georgia Tech building | www.ajc.com
etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
So you think a bunch of early 20 something kids(with no training on fire arms)with WEAPONS will make the colleges safer?Sounds kinda scary doesn't it?And with proper training we can police RESPOND quicker
So police can respond quicker than drawing a gun? Only if you have a cop in your back pocket.
Quote:
and EACH student can also be issued an emergency button(which contacts the closed police in that area).This is not only a safer and smarter approach but also cheaper.
To do what? Let the police know where their corpse will be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 04:08 PM

341 posts, read 267,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I had some formal firearms training (as in not just by family members) by the time I was in college, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I didn't carry, tho.
But the MAJORITY of students dont have any fire arm training and do you REALLY trust 20 something old kids in COLLEGE with a weapon?Imagine 20-30 college guys all with a weapon and their drunk at a party and they get in a arguement,rather then using their fists they got guns now.Guns have NO place in ANY school campus the only people who should have weapons on campus are the campus police and security officers(if we hire some).

Old 05-03-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
But the MAJORITY of students dont have any fire arm training and do you REALLY trust 20 something old kids in COLLEGE with a weapon?Imagine 20-30 college guys all with a weapon and their drunk at a party and they get in a arguement,rather then using their fists they got guns now.Guns have NO place in ANY school campus the only people who should have weapons on campus are the campus police and security officers(if we hire some).
We trust them with a weapon outside campus, what's the difference?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:10 PM

272 posts, read 272,530 times
Liberals understand that prohibition doesn't work when they're talking about weed.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sualpine View Post
Could you please stand in front of me with your please don't hit me button while I get out my weapon?
So are you in school or in iraq?Did you go to school to have a gun?

Dude your in a campus not a war zone,guns dont have NO place on campus.
And answer this,does it make it safer with a bunch of UNTRAINED college kids with weapons(a fire arm is very dangerous) or is it safer with more more campus officers on campus were the bad guys dont want to see?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
20 year old is not a kid. A 20 year old is 2 years older than a legal adult. It sounds to me like you are transferring your fears and inability to handle fire arms onto others.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
We trust them with a weapon outside campus, what's the difference?
Big difference a campus is a place ment for learning not a place to be carrying fire arms.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Big difference a campus is a place ment for learning not a place to be carrying fire arms.
So are you going to go tell all the criminals that? Will they listen this time?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:20 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,786,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

Wow, loving me some Gov. Deal in 2016.

Me too!

Old 05-03-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Dude you're totally right. All we need to do is just have a little sit-down fireside chat with all our local criminals. And explain to them that we just don't want them to carry guns and that way we won't have to mash our little help me buttons and call the police. And then we would never have to carry guns ourselves because no one will have guns right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta