Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 04:07 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,996,975 times

Advertisements

Diversions and deflections is the name of the game around here. toll_booth, like so many others, interjects without having read the other posts that address his rantings. In any event, you people have no Biblical insight, nor do you want any, so your drivel will just fall to the ground. So, keep kicking, screaming, whining and throwing tantrums, but God will have the final say.

Proverbs 1

[24] Because I [God] have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
[25] But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
[26] I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
[27] When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
[28] Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
[29] For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
[30] They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
[31] Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
[32] For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
[33] But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 04:10 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,132,721 times
That's a risk I'm willing to take, to insure fair treatment for all humans.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
But you brought up something different: business owners. A business that is open to the public cannot, and should not be able to, refuse service to someone because of who they are, if it does not actually affect the business in any way, whatsoever. Not wearing a shirt or shoes into a restaurant is a health concern, something that can physically affect other patrons. Selling a cake to a gay guy does not affect anyone, except by your own personal misgivings, which are your problem and your problem alone.
You just talk in circles. I have already addressed that. Think deep.

Quote:

But, I don't believe in your scriptures. Why must I have to obey them or fulfill them? Why should your scriptures, that I do not ascribe to, define how I must live? Tell me that, and then tell me how it's not your camp imposing your views on others.
Lastly, your lifestyle means nothing to me, so why must I acknowledge them when the constitution guarantees my right not to?

Last edited by scgraham; 04-17-2016 at 04:19 PM..

Old 04-17-2016, 04:18 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,656,522 times
Really, guy, it doesn't matter what you think anymore. Society is moving away from codifying bigotry. You can cling to your scripture and clutch your pearls all you want. The rest of us will move forward and worry about being better human beings.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Really, guy, it doesn't matter what you think anymore. Society is moving away from codifying bigotry. You can cling to your scripture and clutch your pearls all you want. The rest of us will move forward and worry about being better human beings.
Drivel. Wisdom declares, as it is written.

1 Thessalonians 5

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

I'm sure no one will ever forget these posts as the endless ages roll on.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:38 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,656,522 times
Cool story bro

Old 04-17-2016, 04:45 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,132,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Drivel. Wisdom declares, as it is written.

1 Thessalonians 5

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

I'm sure no one will ever forget these posts as the endless ages roll on.
Your Jesus sounds like a nice guy. And I'm sure his intent was not for you to pass judgement on others, but to live your own life treating everyone else as equals. In fact, I'm willing to bet, as a non-believer, but also a non-judger, and somebody who donates many hours a week to help the less fortunate, if there is a heaven, I'll pass you on the way. I sleep well.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:20 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,416,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Your post is kind of off topic; however, yes, God commanded that all the seed of Amalek be destroyed. God can hate as much as He loves.

What about pharaoh and the Egyptians?

Exodus 12

[29] And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharoah that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
[30] And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.
[31] And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as ye have said.

God finally got ole pharoah's attention. I suspect that people who wake in hell will let out a great "cry" too.
It's not off topic. I think it's important for people who are religious to see sense and I put that quote to show you the contradictions. Do you think it is okay to kill innocent children? I mean you just got finished talking about the brainwashing of innocent children and it sounds as if you are condoning the killing of them because god did it and so that makes it okay.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
YES! Condemning those who disagree with you to hell.

Now THAT'S a sure-fire way to help you win a lot of new supporters over to your side of the debate...

#WINNING!!!!

P.S.: I think that they're finally starting to come around to seeing things your way.

Nothing like the threat of a little hell fire and eternal damnation to win over reluctant hearts, minds and souls in a debate about 'religious freedom'.

Keep up the good work and you'll have everybody won over in short time.

I'm glad the person is writing what they're writing because it gives people a chance to see what many religious people are like. They really really do not need anymore power as they already have too much. People need to see the importance of not allowing religious folks to gain additional powers/control our lives. A lot of those who are religious keep saying if we don't want to believe that it is our choice and we should not question them but they have so much influence over laws and people's way of life. There is suppose to be a separation, yet there isn't any.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Actually, you're wrong. Pastors always have, and still have, the ability to not marry people they don't want to. None of these religious freedom bills have anything to do with that. They may mention it, but that's an aside. In that, I am in agreement: a pastor should not have to perform a marriage for someone they do not believe in. And I know very few people who disagree with these lame-ass religion bills who think otherwise.

But you brought up something different: business owners. A business that is open to the public cannot, and should not be able to, refuse service to someone because of who they are, if it does not actually affect the business in any way, whatsoever. Not wearing a shirt or shoes into a restaurant is a health concern, something that can physically affect other patrons. Selling a cake to a gay guy does not affect anyone, except by your own personal misgivings, which are your problem and your problem alone.

But, I don't believe in your scriptures. Why must I have to obey them or fulfill them? Why should your scriptures, that I do not ascribe to, define how I must live? Tell me that, and then tell me how it's not your camp imposing your views on others.

It's very annoying. I keep hearing religious people say that too (pastors will have to marry gay people). They spread these lies in church and outside of. They are purposely lying to have a reason to object to the legislation. The worst thing is that people believe it. They don't do any research for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta