Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:41 PM

6 posts, read 16,291 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a warning to anyone living at Moderator Cut apartments in Brookhaven or anyone thinking of moving to Moderator Cut. I was burglarized TWICE in FIVE month span (September 2007 and January 2008) at Moderator Cut. That's right, twice in five months in Apartment 413 on the lower level. What did management do, nothing.....they took zero action. In fact the only action they have taken is against me. Currently they are now trying to ruin my credit because I moved out and refused to stay in my lease. Let me ask you....would you be able to sleep in an apartment that had been burglarized twice in five months or would you want to leave immediately......Hey that makes sense, force someone to stay in a situation where they have to sleep with a gun to feel safe at night. After all I only pay 960 dollars for rent, so it makes sense that the apartments have zero security.

My apartment was breached by breaking the windows and entering through a window and exiting through my door on both occasions. Both windows were shattered completely and then unlocked and opened.

Overall the breakdown is this, I have had over $5000 worth of items taken from my apartment in two seperate break-ins. Items included 55 inch flat screen tv, 30 dress shirts, 4 pairs of shoes, cash, passport, social security card, two watches, etc.... Not small time stuff here. Sure insurance covers it, but what is being done to keep it from happening to me again or someone else. Nothing....

When I asked for my lease to be resolved I was told by the Manager that the "Issues" that I had were not their fault, that they are not responsible for security and that I would have to buy out my lease for $3,000.00 if I wanted to leave.

Post then provided me with two options. Either pay up, or they send me to collections and ruin my credit...or remain in my apartment through the end of the lease and sleep with a gun in fear of someone breaking into my apartment again.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 02-13-2008 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 07:51 AM

968 posts, read 2,619,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP View Post
I hate to say it - if 700 is your budget - a) you need to up it and b) you need to cut costs elsewhere to make it happen. This is a big city - the cheap Atlanta is gone if you want to live where you can commute 30 mins to Kennesaw or alpharetta. My first apartment out of college in 2004 was 840 in a swanky ish midtown loft. Things have changed a bit since. Things are more expensive. You can do it - but it wont be easy.

If you're like me, the sacrifice is worth not spending so much damned time in the car.

I don't have even 1 BR apartments I could recomment to you for that price range central to the city - suburb or not.

Good luck.
Thanks we are still looking {:-( and have considered living south of the city and commuting northbound to find something within a reasonable cost range. It's not so much that a higher rent cannot be afforded but a large portion of tuition expenses will be paid out of pocket; so to ensure we won't be "living on edge pay check to pay check", we wanted to seek "more affordable" housing.

We are considering this community near Bells Ferry Rd (but I cannot remember what the commute would be from that area to downtown?).

We are even considering renting a home rather than an apartment; I am slightly concern on that option as I am curious if the landlord's financial position in the home (delinquent mortgage, in over his/her head in multiple properties, etc...).

Old 02-24-2008, 07:57 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,396,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhopper View Post
Thanks we are still looking {:-( and have considered living south of the city and commuting northbound to find something within a reasonable cost range. It's not so much that a higher rent cannot be afforded but a large portion of tuition expenses will be paid out of pocket; so to ensure we won't be "living on edge pay check to pay check", we wanted to seek "more affordable" housing.

We are considering this community near Bells Ferry Rd (but I cannot remember what the commute would be from that area to downtown?).

We are even considering renting a home rather than an apartment; I am slightly concern on that option as I am curious if the landlord's financial position in the home (delinquent mortgage, in over his/her head in multiple properties, etc...).
Depends on where on Bells Ferry you are (it's a long road) and what time you're going into downtown. The commute from that area can range from 40 minutes at 6am to 1.5 hours+ during rush hour.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Depends on where on Bells Ferry you are (it's a long road) and what time you're going into downtown. The commute from that area can range from 40 minutes at 6am to 1.5 hours+ during rush hour.

I cannot remember offhand the specific address of the apartments; I think its near the 1700 block. We'll need to commute to 300 block of peachtree st with an arrival around 5:30p and departure at 9:30p.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:54 AM

387 posts, read 1,594,318 times
Go on Apartments.com and search zip code 30339.

We were in kind of a bad spot a few months ago... the S.O. just out of law school and me, only wanting a 6 month lease... we found something in that zip. It's honestly not bad, right by the interstates and such... I mean it's nothing GREAT, but you probably can find an apartment for that price... of course I'm not talking about cable, internet, water included...

If you can just up it to 800 a month I'm sure you'll be fine.

Living south of the city seems undesirable... especially if you're going to commute to work. Ugh. Nightmare.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:01 PM

mb83

Thanks for the tip on the zip code. I will definitely look into that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta