Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times

Advertisements

Overview: 22 year old male and 23 year old female looking to relocate in the coming months. Both from Philadelphia area, and went to school on the main line (Villanova). Her parents moved down to the Cumming area while we were finishing school, and as I took a job in Alpharetta, we are currently staying with them. However, that is a very temporary thing, and are looking to move in the next few months, as that is really not the ideal location for people our age.

Looking For: Area with plenty of young professionals and things to do (bars, non-chain restaurants, etc) close by. Areas under consideration based on research include Buckhead, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, and Virginia Highlands. Open to any suggestions.

Limitations:
1. Budget - $800 - $1200 (could go a bit higher, depending on what she will be making at full time position)
2. Apartment - Large 1BR (closer to 1000 sqft the better). Ideally pay less than $1/sqft.
3. Employment Status - I will be commuting to Alpharetta (Exit 10). She is working a seasonal position, so unsure of where she will be working once she gets a regular full time position when we move (Oct.). I prefer a commute of under 45 minutes, and I believe almost all of the locations we are looking at meet that criteria.
4. No Children
5. Mix of suburban/urban. I like having the convenience of true urban while living in nicer, safer, but still exciting areas.
6. Ideally would be located near a MARTA station for ease of access to the city.
7. Completely ok with diversity, as long as the area is fairly safe and nice.

What I'm hoping to get from this post: Recommendations on areas that we'd enjoy, or input about the places mentioned above/which would be better. I know the locations are generally desirable, and the budget a on the low side for these areas, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Last edited by jkatch11; 07-10-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 PM

2,307 posts, read 3,000,625 times
For your budget and the size place you want, you might try driving around south Buckhead and Ansley Park. There are some small, older (but cool!) buildings and houses in the area that advertise rentals by signs in the yard. You aren't going to get a bunch of amenities, but will be near parks etc. For the Ansley ones, take Peachtree to 17th street and wander around...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta