Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:50 AM

6 posts, read 48,724 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in moving further South (currently living in North Fulton). I recently visited a new subdivision about a 1/4 from Camp Creek Parkway and really loved the area. There a number of new upscale subdivisions in that area. It's also close to a new shopping center recently open along Camp Creek Parkway. I'd like to know a little more about the area and though this board would be a good place to post. Can anyone give me additional insights into the community (particularly historical, social and economic data). I researched the schools and was suprised to see that the elementary school had a high rating, but the middle school was rated poorly. Anyone know what would be driving that?? Also, it seems that the commute downtown is a bear from this area???
Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 12:18 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,668 times
South Fulton is an up and coming "transitional" area. The area was traditionally lower class and black. Only recently has efforts pushed people down there with new shopping centers, housing, etc. It was an untapped desolate area in Atlanta and developers capitalized on it.

The poor, lower class population probably contributed to the poor schools in the area. Even with recent influx of middle class folks, the schools will take a while to pick up. One thing to consider - make sure to take into account airplane noise. There are some neighborhoods in East Point and South Fulton that are on direct airport traffic paths and the noise can be loud. Granted, you would get used to it, but for resale later, this is not a great resale feature.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:14 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,959 times
I have a friend in the Sandtown community, and it's a nice up and coming area.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM

7 posts, read 49,838 times
I am a Realtor and I live in the Camp Creek area in a new community off Pittman Road. It is a really nice area, and most of the neighbors on Pittman are retired Delta employees. They have been in their homes for over 30 years. There is a lot of development in the area, a lot of million dollar homes are sprouting out of the ground daily. The area in one year has completely changed as far as building goes. I found a new home that is 4100 sq.ft and I only paid 240K. Great investment! Buy now because you will not be able to buy later.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM

6 posts, read 48,724 times
Thanks so much for the responses. They are all very helpful. I'm interested in a number of areas and this is one of them.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:25 AM

162 posts, read 683,647 times
I just spent the weekend over by Camp Creek and couldn't believe just how less congested it was. Shopping and driving was a breeze compared to Cobb and Paulding traffic on the weekends.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:50 PM

239 posts, read 922,706 times
the only thing i dislike about the camp creek area is the traffic. One time i was leaving the marketplace and it took me 40 minutes to get on the high way (which is only two stop lights away. i really wish they could work out the stop light situation trying to get on the highway... otherwise, i like the area.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:33 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,959 times
My only complaint about traffic there is that stupid 2 stop-sign intersection when you enter the shopping area (near the Ruby Tuesday's). If you are not coming from Camp Creek Parkway and are going from Lowe's too Ruby Tuesday's, you can never get across. They should install a roundabout there and ditch the stop signs.

The other thing I notice is on three occasions teen shoplifters getting arrested in there. However, I think that's spilloff from East Point and since the place is crawling with police, I don't think it's unsafe.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM

239 posts, read 922,706 times
[quote=netdragon;2988201]My only complaint about traffic there is that stupid 2 stop-sign intersection when you enter the shopping area (near the Ruby Tuesday's). If you are not coming from Camp Creek Parkway and are going from Lowe's too Ruby Tuesday's, you can never get across. quote]

That is so true!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,946,717 times
Wouldn't there be a lot of airline noise in that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: