Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 PM

39 posts, read 162,854 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone would have any idea what was going on at the corner of Camp Creek Pkwy & N. Commerce Drive across from the Camp Creek Marketplace. I've tried doing a google search to see if I could come up with anything from the internet. So far, they've cleared trees and are in the process of leveling the area. I live four miles west of the area. If they are adding more businesses/restaurants, that would possibly be great for the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,964,119 times
I haven't been by there in awhile, but it can't be too big of a development because of the creek back there.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,419 times
I wish I knew as well. I've searched the internet also with no success. I hope that whatever it is, it adds great value to the area. We could use more businesses and resturants in this area.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:14 PM

859 posts, read 2,120,977 times
New Southeast headquarters for Kuehne+Nagal.

Duke Realty to Build 211,000 SF HQ for Kuehne + Nagel in Atlanta - Citybizlist Atlanta

Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM

19 posts, read 62,060 times
This is Great news for the area

Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM

19 posts, read 62,060 times
They finally put up a sign....A quicktrip Gas station will be build on the corner

Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 AM

284 posts, read 591,025 times
I hope something is done to improve the traffic situation across the street to better handle all the flow for Target/Lowes/Publix/Petsmart/Movies etc. The two-way stops along the main road with all its driveways&drivethroughs are inefficient and dangerous at peak times. Most people end up acting like its a four way just so other people can get through. Why these are not four-way stops I can't figure out-- a roundabout would probably be the best solution since there are so many possible turn options. Wish this shopping center had been built 3 years later, when developers might have considered a multilevel parking deck and less connecting streets,with more pedestrian-friendly walk-up access. (There's not a ton of housing there, but it is aggravating to have to drive from one parking lot to another since they are all disconnected).

Caroline Street was a step in that direction--Edgewood's parking lot can be a challenge, but the limited in/out drives and centralized decks seem to streamline the traffic better. Yet even that development's layout makes it unreasonable to walk from Lowes to Target to Kroger safely (if you had several bags/young kids) despite the "nodes" of walk-up small shops.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:03 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,242,434 times
That is hands down the most chaotic shopping center I have ever driven through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: