Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 05:32 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,400,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereEsquire View Post
While I believe there are a ton of Low Key spots in ATL that make better burgers than Vortex and such, places like Vortex and Ms.Anns are simply things you HAVE TO experience being a resident of the city and especially if you are into the burger/foodie culture.
The problem for me with the Vortex, is that I don't care for thick burgers; The Vortex's burger are just a bit too thick for me. I don't need a burger I could split in half and have enough meat to make another sandwich the next day. Shake Shack (which I first tried in Boston last summer) is about as thick as I prefer. I also enjoy the size of Steak 'n Shake's burgers which are even thinner than Shake Shack. I wouldn't mind trying out this Holeman and Rhea's Tarzanman was mentioning though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,104,525 times
Very sad. I've heard about her place, but never made the effort to eat there.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,038,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I think the Earl makes a damn fine burger.

Although they may include some hipster ingredients like wasabi mayo, you're unlikely to find a hipster in that vicinity.
What makes wasabi mayo "hipster"?
1. There *is* such a thing as fusion cuisine
2. Spicy mayo has been around for a long time.
3. Lots of restaurants (including the Vortex, Grindhouse, the Counter, and others) put non-traditional sauces or ingredients on hamburgers.

With direct regard to wasabi mayo, the Earl is definitely not the first restaurant to offer Japanese-inspired ingredients on burgers. I ate at a place out west whose entire menu is basically asian-burger fusion - Bachi Burger - The Best Hamburger Restaurant in Las Vegas

I really think that a lot of you might need to get out more.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:54 AM

183 posts, read 249,986 times
Screw all that fancy 'wasabi mayo' ****! Ms Ann's was a handmade greasy mama burger. Pure and simple. Those of us who occasionally enjoyed them would never expect the Vortex/Grindhouse/Bachi Burger groupies to understand.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:12 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,038,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncey View Post
Screw all that fancy 'wasabi mayo' ****! Ms Ann's was a handmade greasy mama burger. Pure and simple. Those of us who occasionally enjoyed them would never expect the Vortex/Grindhouse/Bachi Burger groupies to understand.

You're really missing out. Try a burger at Grindhouse and then tell me if you still think that way.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:42 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,893,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
You're really missing out. Try a burger at Grindhouse and then tell me if you still think that way.
Not impressed, the burger was very small for the price and they can top it with whatever fancy ingredients they want.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:34 AM

253 posts, read 303,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Not impressed, the burger was very small for the price and they can top it with whatever fancy ingredients they want.
yea, it was not bad but def nothing amazing. One of the most slept on burgers I had was the Sublime Donut burger from I think Cypress Street & Pint, AMAZING, yet not over the top like you would expect from a Vortex type place.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,385,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I think the Earl makes a damn fine burger.

Although they may include some hipster ingredients like wasabi mayo, you're unlikely to find a hipster in that vicinity.

Wait...what? maybe the definition of Hipster has changed, or the Earl has changed...but I've always thought of the Earl as Ground Zero for hipsters.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:18 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,833,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Wait...what? maybe the definition of Hipster has changed, or the Earl has changed...but I've always thought of the Earl as Ground Zero for hipsters.
To tell you the truth, I always thought the "discovery" of Ann's was a major hipster phenomenon, too.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:34 AM

253 posts, read 303,608 times
Flip Burger will be serving a "Queen Ann Burger" this week until Sunday in honor of Ms.Ann. Will most def give it a try this weekend, then go to the actual place sometime next month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta