Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:41 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times

Advertisements

Sorry to hear about Miss Ann's passing. I only went there once and she made my burger. Her place is an Atlanta instutution. I know this is a big loss for the community. May she rest in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 07:44 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,373,249 times
She was vinegary, but loved by everyone. Deep down she was an awesome lady. Hope you are making burgers in Heaven. Actually she was not that old, 72??

Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times
I thought the ghetto burger was too big. I couldn't eat the entire thing but it was good. You could take some of the hamburger meat off and eat it for the next 2 days lol.

Word on the streets it that they were already planning for this so her son will take over the business and it will continue to remain open so the food should remain the same

Old 04-20-2015, 08:46 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
She's an institution, so that is sad.

But I agree that the burger isn't the best. Just because one guy (I think the Wall Street Journal?) said so, doesn't make it so. It was too rich for me with the pieces of bacon everywhere and I can't remember, isn't there even chili on it?

Old 04-20-2015, 11:23 AM

329 posts, read 638,319 times
RIP, ms Ann

yes, the burger isnt the best... but it wasnt just the burger that made Anns Snack Bar an institution. it was the ambiance, the fact that there were only 8 seats, and that each burger was hand crafted before your eyes. it was also ms ann herself, no nonsense, almost like the 'soup nazi'.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:36 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
What makes them better tasting is all the fancy ingredients they put on them or as I like to call it the hipsterfication of burgers. The ghetto burger is simple, with no special locally grown, organic avocado.
What an uniformed statement to make. All of the places I mentioned (Vortex, Holeman & Finch, Rhea's) all predate hipster-dom (and millenials) by at least 20 years.

Your argument is with the Yeah Burgers, and Farm Burgers of the world.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM

253 posts, read 303,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
What an uniformed statement to make. All of the places I mentioned (Vortex, Holeman & Finch, Rhea's) all predate hipster-dom (and millenials) by at least 20 years.

Your argument is with the Yeah Burgers, and Farm Burgers of the world.
While I believe there are a ton of Low Key spots in ATL that make better burgers than Vortex and such, places like Vortex and Ms.Anns are simply things you HAVE TO experience being a resident of the city and especially if you are into the burger/foodie culture.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:23 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,947 times
Better burgers than the Vortex & Holeman and Rhea's? Not impossible, but not very likely either. Those are my top 3. The best I ever had was at Vortex, but they are not as consistent as Rhea's (which is a very low key spot).

I'd love to see your top 5 list of burger spots around the city. I doubt that Miss Ann's would make the cut on its own merits for most people's lists.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:52 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
I think the Earl makes a damn fine burger.

Although they may include some hipster ingredients like wasabi mayo, you're unlikely to find a hipster in that vicinity.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:26 PM

253 posts, read 303,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Better burgers than the Vortex & Holeman and Rhea's? Not impossible, but not very likely either. Those are my top 3. The best I ever had was at Vortex, but they are not as consistent as Rhea's (which is a very low key spot).

I'd love to see your top 5 list of burger spots around the city. I doubt that Miss Ann's would make the cut on its own merits for most people's lists.

I have a lot, probably will make a top 5 list one day, I will say Flip Burger is THE most OVERRATED spot in town though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta