Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 AM

49 posts, read 167,263 times

Advertisements

for clarification...while Atlanta has many commerce centers (As all large cities do)...I was trying to point out that, thirty miles away from Dallas is the city of Fort Worth....with over 500,000 people in it's city proper....not including the suburbs there. Fort Worth is not a suburb of Dallas...

The Dallas metro area has two large cities and numerous suburbs..in addition to all the commerce centers / business centers you see in other cities (Houston, Atlanta).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Well, after doing some research between the two cities since I've heard they're very similar it seems to me that Atlanta has a more gung ho attitude and pride in their city (not that Dallas doesn't). I also went to the skyscraper page and was shocked because a city that is half the size of Dallas has nearly 200 highrises while Dallas only has 125.
Office buildings need to be highrises in the Atlanta area or all anyone will see out the windows are lots of trees and the sides of nearby hills. Unless you're on top of a hill yourself, of course.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 33,729,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Dallas has Country music. Atlanta has Rap and HipHop. You can decide for yourself if that's a plus or not.

The two cities are different more than they are alike. How many skyscrapers they have aren't even a factor in anything having to do with the quality of life. Only you could decide which one is best for you.
Your post was great and I agree with everything you said but I have to disagree with a couple points. While Dallas does not have as many blacks as Atlanta, they do have a rather large black population. DFW has over 800,000 blacks and will be nearing 1 million in the next 5-10 years. DFW is the 3rd fastest growing metro for Black Americans this decade according to Brookings.

Also, Dallas doesn't really have country. Just because it's in Texas does not mean it has country. Dallas has alot of hip hop and R&B. The DOC, Twisted Black, Erykah Badu and more all hail from Dallas-Ft. Worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta