Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Neighborhood Would You Choose?
Seven Oaks 3 42.86%
Hampton Hall (alpharetta) 2 28.57%
Glen Abbey 0 0%
Medlock Bridge 2 28.57%
The Ridge at Brumbelow 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 PM

997 posts, read 4,647,794 times

Advertisements

Would anyone familiar with the Alpharetta area please tell me which neighborhood you would choose to live in. We are looking for an active, friendly neighborhood that would be good for children ages 4, 11, and 14. All of the neighborhoods are convenient to work so commute is not an issue. We are just looking for a neighborhood that is welcoming and provide things to do for our children.

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM

16,717 posts, read 29,571,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
Would anyone familiar with the Alpharetta area please tell me which neighborhood you would choose to live in. We are looking for an active, friendly neighborhood that would be good for children ages 4, 11, and 14. All of the neighborhoods are convenient to work so commute is not an issue. We are just looking for a neighborhood that is welcoming and provide things to do for our children.

Thanks so much.
The master-planned Windward community.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The master-planned Windward community.
We saw Windward and liked it. I guess it was just the busy Windward Parkway that ran through it that just didn't seem very community oriented to us. Maybe it's a different feel when you live there. It's so hard when you are just looking and there for a brief period of time. That's why I posted the poll. Thanks for the input.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Any more voters out there???

Old 12-11-2007, 03:47 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,108,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
Any more voters out there???
I've never heard of any of 'em. Prolly too fancy.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:51 AM

161 posts, read 726,018 times
Default Best Neighborhood

I live in Windward and think you might want to include it on your list.

While Windward Pkwy does cut through a portion of Windward, it a great quick way to get out to 400 (major highway running south and north) and has lots of retail, restaurants etc... (west side of 400).

Great neighborhood pool, tennis courts, lake etc...in Windward. House prices range from $300K to over $2 million. Age of houses range from about 5 years old to 20 years old. Great elementary schools.

I have friends in Glen Abbey, which is also very nice - but kinda generic looking - all houses are red brick and tend to look alike. Here you are a little further south than Windward and closer to retail, movie theaters, could be a quicker commute if you need to travel downtown.

Seven Oaks is older, but a very active community, but I think it is now considered part of Johns Creek, not Alpharetta. And attend schools quite a ways out side of the neighborhood (I think).

Anyhow, for what's its worth, I have been told by various realtors that Windward is one area where houses tend to hold their value better. Until this latest slump, most sellers were receiving an average of 97% of their asking price!

Good luck.......hope this info helps a little bit!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 AM

23 posts, read 88,841 times
Sorry don't know the area.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:58 AM

10 posts, read 39,296 times
Default Johns Creek is the best

This is a similar reply to my other post about johns creek. Alpharetta is John's Creek and yes there are many subdivisions there and surrounding it. 30022 is one of the zip codes. The main high school is North View High School which is one of the top performers. They are building a new HS on State Bridge Road by Medlock Bridge Road. Seven Oaks is further up north and farther from the Marta Doraville Station, farther from The Forum, farther from 285, farther from Whole Foods store. I personally think Medlock Bridge and Lake Windward are more convienient to The Forum Shopping area, Trader Joes, Restaurants, Whole Foods, North Point Mall etc etc...Closer to Jones Bridge park / playground with the chattahoochee river beside it, closer to the Big wide paved Greenway trail near North point mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: