Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 08:28 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times

Advertisements

From today's Fayette Citizen, a report on this past weekend's Chamber of Commerce event officially welcoming Pinewood Atlanta studios to Fayette County. A little bit more background in here, and some really touching comments from project developer Jim Pace and Pinewood CEO Ivan Dunleavy about what this means for the future.

“It was like a symphony. It was like an anointing on it, right up to this event. Everything just happened when it needed to happen .... It is going to be an epic change in our county. The people that have worked on the project have been an inspiration to me ... We have just received an opportunity to do something that is epic. I believe history will record that the people involved in this ... were hand-picked ...” -- JIM PACE

“Film is a serious business in its own right. The next time you’re at a theater just wait for the last few minutes of the film and see all the skills on display in the end credits ... a vast array of skills – artistic, technical, creative, professional skills. And what that means is economic activity. In the U.K., a (British) ‘pound’ invested in the film industry creates 12 pounds worth of economic activity. And that’s important because that means jobs. With jobs that requires training, and that training will create the opportunities for the young people of Fayetteville to go forward into the future." -- IVAN DUNLEAVY

Pinewood Atlanta Studios officially arrives in Fayette | The Citizen

The first project to be filmed at Pinewood Atlanta is "Ant-Man," starring Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas.

Marvel Comics Ant-Man to be 1st Pinewood Atlanta film, UK trade pub says | The Citizen

Last edited by Newsboy; 01-22-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Very Cool.

I find Dan Cathy's role in the studio to be fascinating. Morals appear to be very important to him. I attended the opening of the Truett's Luau and he said they wanted to make sure they bought the property because the didn't want a business with "beer signs in the window" at the gateway to Fayetteville. Of course, there's all the other news worthy stances he has taken.

Yet, he has financed and strongly supported the studio. There are going to be many things in the movies made there that will run counter to his morals. I'm happy he did this, its going to be great for the county. I applaud him for being practical and realizing despite whatever his objections are, this is good for his hometown. I just wonder how he feels knowing that there are going to be projects filmed there with violence, sex, nudity, language, gays, etc.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times
Pinewood Atlanta Studios set to host first major production - CBS Atlanta News

Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
OH! One other thing I meant to mention earlier:

Apparently, there is a run on real estate in Fayette County right now, especially in Peachtree City. Investors are snapping up available properties and bundling houses to offer short-term rentals to the movie and television industry. People who already have houses on the rental market are being offered full-year lease prices if they'll agree to let houses go for short-term leases of 3-6 months -- typically the time that it takes to shoot a project. Fully furnished houses are going for DOUBLE the market price!

This hasn't been reported in the media yet and is still mostly rumor, but I have it on good authority: My sister and her husband, who recently moved to White County, put their PTC house on the market in early January and had an offer in one day, from an investment group, above their asking price.

This side of the Pinewood-Atlanta / Fayette County story will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks ...

Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta