Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 PM

17 posts, read 73,833 times

Advertisements

Which neighborhood is a safer and better bet to purchase a home in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 07:53 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,320,313 times
East Atlanta Village and East Lake are very comparable. EAV has a hopping commercial district with cool bars, restaurants, and shops. Also, the community association, EACA, is very involved in the community and hosts many festivals and events for the neighborhood.

East Lake is centered moreso around the country club and has older homes. It's also close to the Oakhurst neighborhood in the city of Decatur, as well as Downtown Decatur. The schools in both neighborhoods have been improving--especially Burgess Academy--and the new East Lake YMCA is a great place for families to stay active.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM

145 posts, read 598,271 times
Both are City of Atlanta and Dekalb County. I think they are both great neighborhoods.

East Lake in general has older housing stock and is next to City of Decatur. To me it has a bit of a more family feel to it. There are parts of East Lake next to Oakhurst were you can't tell the difference between the two except for the sign toppers. That section of East Lake at least feels a little safer that East Atlanta, but what do I know. Check crime info at Atlanta PD's website.

East Atlanta seems to have more going on as a far as Restaurants, Shopping, and Entertainment in the village area. It has a hipper reputation that East Lake, but feels a bit isolated to me since there isn't much going on to the East or South. Same could be said for East Lake, but it seems just a little bit more plugged in to me. Maybe because it is closer to Decatur.

I think both would be great places to live. It is just a matter of personal preference. If you're an intown beginner maybe East Lake. If you want more action around you might prefer East Atlanta. Drive both areas and which ever one you gravitate to go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: