Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 PM

16,730 posts, read 29,722,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Personally I would knock off Mableton if I was searching but the other 3 are all good suggestions but I would also flop 2 and 3 in preference(and depending on how soon they want kids I might move 3 up to 1).
I would not knock off Mableton--that is why I specifically said North Mableton and East Mableton (which are also like saying "South Smyrna," "West Vinings," and "South Vinings." ). Northern and Eastern Mableton merge rather seamlessly into Smyrna and Vinings (and it is often very hard to distinguish between the three). Northern and Eastern Mableton offer the same look and feel as a lot of Smyrna and Vinings with the same convenience to Kennesaw, Atlanta, etc. It is just that the name is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM

16,730 posts, read 29,722,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Personally I would knock off Mableton if I was searching but the other 3 are all good suggestions but I would also flop 2 and 3 in preference(and depending on how soon they want kids I might move 3 up to 1).
Moreover--do you know how many nice areas there are in the City of Marietta? And the Marietta City Schools are excellent.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/31635299-post17.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/31651665-post27.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/31662611-post28.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/31685190-post31.html

Old 10-19-2013, 09:17 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,249,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Moreover--do you know how many nice areas there are in the City of Marietta? And the Marietta City Schools are excellent.
I live in Cobb and we bought just outside the city limits of Marietta, because the City of Marietta schools, while not horrible, are not as good as the surrounding county schools. The west part of the city, near Kennesaw Mtn, has some nice areas, but again...we bought in the unincorporated area just outside the city limits for lower taxes and better schools.

There are those who dismiss West Cobb (usually because they think they must have Walton HS), and we started out in 2007 looking at East Cobb, but in the end we found nicer homes for less money and more convenience in West Cobb. We also like being right down the street from the hiking trails at the national park; the Silver Comet trail is close by as well, and there are several parks close by in Kennesaw and off Barrett Pkwy by Powder Springs Rd.

The other thing you have to consider is if you have to get to I-285 or I-75, parts of East Cobb can be ridiculous to navigate in rush hour.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:15 PM

229 posts, read 475,500 times
I think you'd like East Cobb. There are all sorts of housing available (from 150K to 1M+) and almost all of the schools are great. You can have a house deep in the woods for 175K and not a noise to be heard (except birds!) for the day sleeper. Since you are working in Kennesaw, you will be driving the opposite of everyone else...a nice commute.

Don't think that everything in east Cobb is expensive...it is if you want a McMansion.

As for Marietta City Schools? Well, I will keep my opinion to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta