Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 AM

528 posts, read 1,285,079 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

On the way to the Fox to buy tickets for Nutcracker and I have not been to Fox yet. I stress about what seats will be better. I have combed the seating charts and online and still want to know if someone who has been there can tell me which I should get?

There are 4 seats in Orchct Row U Seats 111-114 that look good. Center section but Row U isn't exactly on top of the stage and I have two little girls who will be fascinated and want to see it all.

My other options that may be good are:

Orchlc Row B Seats 63, 65, 67, 69 or Orchlc Row D Seats 59, 61, 63, 65

These all cost the same. I wonder if the Orchlc seats are too far left? But they r both in the very front. Will they be too close? Too left?

Ahh!! Can someone who has been there please tell me which I should buy? There are no balcony center seats left up front or I would consider those as well.

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 09:30 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,998,810 times
I am not looking at a seating chart but have been there many times. I would go w/ the seats that are closer. You do not want to be on the main level way back underneath the balcony. Being to the side but close up is WAY WAY better. And especially especially for children.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,944,812 times
USE THIS TOOL! I didn't know it existed but it is AWESOME!

Fox Theater Interactive Seating Chart!

The Fox Theatre - Atlanta, Georgia

Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 AM

859 posts, read 2,121,247 times
A plus is that while the seating chart is a great tool, once you get inside, like attending any live event you'll feel closer to the stage than the virtual tour/images show. While I think row U isn't bad I agree with AtlJan, with the kiddos get as close as possible and those seats in row B and D aren't in the extreme corner so you'll be fine. I don't know if it's allowed during non tour times but since you're going in person to buy tickets, years ago before the first time I went to the fox I actually asked if I could peek into the theater to scout the seats I was interested in buying. Never hurts to ask.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:19 PM

528 posts, read 1,285,079 times
Thanks all. I did ask if they would let me see but she wouldn't. She did have a really cool tool to show me what the stage looked like better than the tool that was online. Anyway, I chose a different show and got row F, on the aisle of the orchestra left section so they are great seats. I appreciate your quick feedback! It was a stressful drive getting down there. Traffic was horrid and there was an accident. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to take short cuts so was stranded on 85. Got to Fox an hour before my bus comes, bought the tix and was back on the road. Arrived two minutes before the bus. I need a drink!!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,973,670 times
I saw The Nutcracker last year, for the first time, at the Fox. It was a very nice production. We actually ended up leaving our 6th row seats, and moving to the back of the orchestra where seats are set up for the handicapped. I finally felt as though I wasn't sitting in coach on an airplane. Not a lot of legroom if you aren't on an aisle.

Enjoy the show livinginbuffalo. I think every child should see it once. Too bad none of my sons, nor my spouse, wanted to join me. I took a friend.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,881,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
Thanks all. I did ask if they would let me see but she wouldn't. She did have a really cool tool to show me what the stage looked like better than the tool that was online. Anyway, I chose a different show and got row F, on the aisle of the orchestra left section so they are great seats. I appreciate your quick feedback! It was a stressful drive getting down there. Traffic was horrid and there was an accident. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to take short cuts so was stranded on 85. Got to Fox an hour before my bus comes, bought the tix and was back on the road. Arrived two minutes before the bus. I need a drink!!
next time take the subway— north avenue station is right there at the fox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: