Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:59 AM

390 posts, read 907,797 times

Advertisements

do NOT try Riverdale or Coll. Park.......not where you want to be! P'tree City // Fayetteville // Eagles Landing are the southside best bets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 02:51 PM

33 posts, read 110,681 times
We just moved to Fayette County (Fayetteville) a few months ago and love it. PTC and Fayetteville are going to be your best bets.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,837,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl1221 View Post
do NOT try Riverdale or Coll. Park.......not where you want to be! P'tree City // Fayetteville // Eagles Landing are the southside best bets.
Don't listen to this guy. College Park and Riverdale are two excellent communities, with great ammenities, schools, shopping, etc. In the heart of it all. Take a look at these places.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:07 AM

13 posts, read 32,903 times
Default Thanks

Thanks guys. I will def. try PTC and Fayetteville. I am a little wary of College Park b/c of all the mixed reviews. I am reluctant to be in a iffy neighborhood b/c of my babies. Ideally, Alpharetta, Vinings & Druid Hills are the kind of area I would like to live in if I could 1. Afford it 2. Work 15 mins (tops) away.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:12 PM

11 posts, read 31,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Don't listen to this guy. College Park and Riverdale are two excellent communities, with great ammenities, schools, shopping, etc. In the heart of it all. Take a look at these places.
These areas are horrible. You are so transparent by the way.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:19 AM

242 posts, read 842,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffsbiz View Post
Wow tiffsbiz you dont mess around - I like that.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,322,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffsbiz View Post
...and he would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 AM
DLM

1 posts, read 2,654 times
Wink Welcome to "Hotlanta"

Hey There,
I'm a native New Yorker, who migrated to the Washington DC area (stayed for over 25 years) and now in Atlanta (just moved 2006). I live in SW Fulton County, it's a sliver of the city that flows between East Point and College Park.I live in a new developmnt that I really can't sing praises about but it has nice, new, affordable homes. Depending on your finances you can find a nice home in both East Point and College Park If I had researched more thoroughly I would have chosen Historic College Park. But trust me, any area is going to be a big difference from NY and both these locations are going to also have their "rough" parts and reputations. I have a teenager in private school (public schools are not good here) Woodward Academy(Historic College Park), very pricey but the premiere college prep school in Atlanta. They take them from tots all the way thru HS. My Mom is in an assisted living home in Forest Park and I can get there in 15 minutes. Although I have not totally explored that whole area what I have not found is where people live. I couldn't even find a grocery store nearby, but I have read that that area is being targeted for redevelopment. You do want to be close to work because driving here is not good...it's not so much the traffic as it is the drivers. I would highly recommend that you you get an ADC Map of the Atlanta area, find your work location and map out a 10-15 mile circle around it and go from there. Hope this info helps.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Hi
Thanks. He was a bit transparent wasn't he? I had already ruled out those neighborhoods but thanks for calling him out.
I am actually staying in PTC now and trying to find the 'perfect' house in fayette county. Any thoughts on Tyrone, Newnan, Fayetteville?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM View Post
Hey There,
I'm a native New Yorker, who migrated to the Washington DC area (stayed for over 25 years) and now in Atlanta (just moved 2006). I live in SW Fulton County, it's a sliver of the city that flows between East Point and College Park.I live in a new developmnt that I really can't sing praises about but it has nice, new, affordable homes. Depending on your finances you can find a nice home in both East Point and College Park If I had researched more thoroughly I would have chosen Historic College Park. But trust me, any area is going to be a big difference from NY and both these locations are going to also have their "rough" parts and reputations. I have a teenager in private school (public schools are not good here) Woodward Academy(Historic College Park), very pricey but the premiere college prep school in Atlanta. They take them from tots all the way thru HS. My Mom is in an assisted living home in Forest Park and I can get there in 15 minutes. Although I have not totally explored that whole area what I have not found is where people live. I couldn't even find a grocery store nearby, but I have read that that area is being targeted for redevelopment. You do want to be close to work because driving here is not good...it's not so much the traffic as it is the drivers. I would highly recommend that you you get an ADC Map of the Atlanta area, find your work location and map out a 10-15 mile circle around it and go from there. Hope this info helps.
Thanks so much. I noticed that one gets a bit more for the money in Henry & Fulton County; however, once you step out of the subdivision the neighborhood does not always match your 'haven'. For this reason, I may have to buy a smaller/older home in Fayette to get the best of both worlds. Are private schools as expensive here as they are in NYC? Is historic college park in college park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta