Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 PM

178 posts, read 529,522 times

Advertisements

quick question about HVAC brands and install

I just got quoted 6370 for a 3 ton 13 seer heat pump (r410) total system. This unit is replacing a 6/7yr Goodman Freon dual zone system.

Price seems high but this is an area I know nothing about. Any experiences with Goodman or think this is a high price or suggestions on other units and or companies?

One Hour Heating and Air a Mister Sparky company out of Marietta will do the install. I can cancel in 3 days.

edit. - I live in a 2 level brick townhome 1200-1300 sqft

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Last edited by mike929; 05-23-2013 at 06:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 07:19 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,436,308 times
Smells very high, but you're dealing with a franchise that specializes in emergency repairs and has to pay royalty fees to corporate, so that's not surprising. I got a 3 ton heat pump setup installed when we finished our basement, complete with ductwork, refrigerant lines, etc., for under $4500. If you're just replacing an existing unit and condenser, that seems very high.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,048,915 times
I had my 1st floor System compressor and Coil unit replaced (2500sq total house) 1st floor system probably does 1800sq with the (Honestly It should be measured in cubic feet due to 2 story family room, foyer area). (3 ton)

Cost $2750. Was scheduled replacement, not a it 100f out do it today type install. He was independent A/C service, very good, reliable. ( I think he's former Military also.)

Can send his name on if you want it.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the replies. You guys are making me feel bad..hahaha

The install quote was running new external lines and a 600 contractor fee for remove/repace attic steps (one hour heat/air will not do it). Even with that compared to the replies this seems high still. I figure for this price maybe i should have a higher SEER value system.

Flyona - I would like the name of the person you dealt with.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 AM

above edit i meant - flyonpa

Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,156,982 times
My Dad (who has a related business) always says that for anything always get three quotes. You don't want to go with anyone that is rock bottom cheap and you don't want to go with anyone with exhorbitant pricing. I recommend you get at least two more quotes and ensure that you are asking for quotes comparing apples to apples. Good luck. Also, know that your HVAC should be totally fixed when they are finished. They should not tell you that they have to do something different or additional. Dad said lots of young bucks LEARN on clients and the clients get charged bc the companies don't want to pay the money to train. Ask for someone with experience to work on your system. Not someone just out of school or with just a few years experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
quick question about HVAC brands and install

I just got quoted 6370 for a 3 ton 13 seer heat pump (r410) total system. This unit is replacing a 6/7yr Goodman Freon dual zone system.

Price seems high but this is an area I know nothing about. Any experiences with Goodman or think this is a high price or suggestions on other units and or companies?

One Hour Heating and Air a Mister Sparky company out of Marietta will do the install. I can cancel in 3 days.

edit. - I live in a 2 level brick townhome 1200-1300 sqft

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 05-26-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
My Dad (who has a related business) always says that for anything always get three quotes. You don't want to go with anyone that is rock bottom cheap and you don't want to go with anyone with exhorbitant pricing. I recommend you get at least two more quotes and ensure that you are asking for quotes comparing apples to apples. Good luck. Also, know that your HVAC should be totally fixed when they are finished. They should not tell you that they have to do something different or additional. Dad said lots of young bucks LEARN on clients and the clients get charged bc the companies don't want to pay the money to train. Ask for someone with experience to work on your system. Not someone just out of school or with just a few years experience.

Thanks for the good and reasonable advise. I have some one coming this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: