Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,230,039 times

Advertisements

Based on this article, it looks the APD has its hands full trying to prevent car break-ins in parts of the Midtown area. A lot of the criminals arrested for these recent break-ins have already been arrested more than 20 times previously. So in many instances the APD is having to arrest the same criminal over and over again. This must be very frustrating for them.

Here are some of those recently arrested:

Demarco Presley has had 33 prior arrests...

Falandus Gray has had over 40 prior arrests...

Marcus Perrino has 62 prior arrests...

Terelle Lynch has had 37 prior arrests...

Full Article: Ax-Wielding Man; Trans-Prostitute Drug Dealer and Other Midtown Crimes - Midtown, GA Patch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,931,930 times
Fulton County Jail is a revolving door.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:27 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,254,891 times
I think we should really consider deporting them to Antarctica.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,837,153 times
Odds they all get picked up again before the summer is over?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 AM

10,742 posts, read 13,429,558 times
There have been a rash of robberies along Piedmont near Ansley Park. Monday night a neighbor was held up coming home. The robber actually shot out one of the passenger windows when the victim was slow to cooperate. Scary stuff.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,903,574 times
I think it is possible for "three strikes" laws to cause issues by being too in-flexible in certain situations. But I think we can all agree something serious should be happening by at least "ten strikes" because you are obviously not learning your lesson.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM

32,036 posts, read 36,896,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
There have been a rash of robberies along Piedmont near Ansley Park. Monday night a neighbor was held up coming home. The robber actually shot out one of the passenger windows when the victim was slow to cooperate. Scary stuff.
Whoa, that is scary, Ansley! When somebody is moronic enough to do that you know their stupidity knows no bounds.

I agree that a rigid "three strikes" program is not a good idea but at some point these jackasses need to be removed.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:51 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,230,039 times
An FYI alert to those who live in the 8th Street and Glendale area. I hope no one encounters this guy...

Excerpt from the original article:

"We have a report of someone walking around the neighborhood with an ax during overnight hours. Hopefully this will turn out to be nothing, but walking around with an ax at 1:30am could use a dose of explanation. Please report this individual to 911 if seen, and then write to us (with approximate time of 911 call and other details) so we can check up on it with our contacts at APD.
  • Here is the report as it was posted to our Facebook page: I have seen a tall thin black man around Glendale and 8th twice in the past week who is walking around carrying an ax. The first time was last Friday night (May 10) around 1:30am on Glendale Terrace. Luckily I was in a car and not walking. I saw him again at 10:00am this morning (May 15) going up to a house at the corner of 8th and Glendale. I was walking away from him but tried to look back to see if he was just knocking on the door or doing anything suspicious and when I looked back he was leaving the house. I'm not sure if he is a guy who does handy work around the neighborhood or if he is someone I should be concerned about; but the large ax is definitely disconcerting. If I see him again I will call Midtown Blue..."

Old 05-22-2013, 12:04 PM

9,007 posts, read 14,094,890 times
And reports on aggressive panhandling indicate that it's really the same handful of people who cause most of the problems.

I wonder how much of the overall crime in the metro area is committed by the same small group of people.

I kind of find it difficult to believe that someone could have 62 arrests. I mean, even in the absence of any kind of strikes and your out rule, judges see all of your priors. You would think that at some point the judge would issue a severe penalty after seeing so many arrests. At a point somewhere before 62! Maybe the maximum penalty for breaking into a car isn't high enough, but it has to be at least 30 days.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 PM

454 posts, read 822,955 times
It was the same when I lived in London. The same people over and over committing the majority of the crimes. If it wasn't for legalities I bet the cops could arrest in one night 95% of all active criminals in town. They know who they are already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: