Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,461,628 times

Advertisements

Sure we have a limited transit system, but Atlanta have many more things going for it. Consider Downtown, before Georgia State University. Now Georgia State is building a new law center, brought the Sun Trust building near Woodruff Park, and building a new student housing tower. Remember the 191 building, as of today it is over 80 percent lease. Coca Cola relocating 1000 workers to Sun Trust downtown building. New construction of Civil Rights, NCAA College Hall of Fame, and soon to be Falcons Stadium. Homes completed renovated from the Eastside Kirkwood into the city of Atlanta. In the West end area whites and blacks including me buying up renovated homes with character by the droves. New food places on Edgewood, Dekalb Avenue, and Ponce De Leon. Beltline on any given day you have many people walking, running, commuting to work by bike. New apartment construction near Grady Hospital. Great sports bars near CNN Center. Quite frankly it is too many things happen to write about. Oh how I love Atlanta !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,894,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Sure we have a limited transit system, but Atlanta have many more things going for it. Consider Downtown, before Georgia State University. Now Georgia State is building a new law center, brought the Sun Trust building near Woodruff Park, and building a new student housing tower. Remember the 191 building, as of today it is over 80 percent lease. Coca Cola relocating 1000 workers to Sun Trust downtown building. New construction of Civil Rights, NCAA College Hall of Fame, and soon to be Falcons Stadium. Homes completed renovated from the Eastside Kirkwood into the city of Atlanta. In the West end area whites and blacks including me buying up renovated homes with character by the droves. New food places on Edgewood, Dekalb Avenue, and Ponce De Leon. Beltline on any given day you have many people walking, running, commuting to work by bike. New apartment construction near Grady Hospital. Great sports bars near CNN Center. Quite frankly it is too many things happen to write about. Oh how I love Atlanta !
ditto— atlanta is getting better everyday, constantly evolving into a bigger and better city.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:35 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,035,577 times
My two fav projects are BA and PCM. There haters are going to be

I also love how 12th and Midtown has changed Midtown

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 05-01-2013 at 05:57 AM..

Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 AM

23,531 posts, read 44,219,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
My two fav projects are BA and PCM. There haters are going to be

I also love what 12th and Midtown has changed Midtown
Isn't PCM the largest mixed use project currently under construction in the US? The interior renderings are amazing; I love the fact that they're blowing out a lot of open space inside. The Beltline is a already recieving a warm reception; I noticed at the Dogwood Festival that people are already using the incomplete portion that runs northward along the park to Monroe Drive.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,927,579 times
How different the City of Atlanta will be in 10 years once PCM, BA, the museums downtown, GSU, Downtown Streetcar, BeltLine, etc. are all completed.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,035,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Isn't PCM the largest mixed use project currently under construction in the US? The interior renderings are amazing; I love the fact that they're blowing out a lot of open space inside. The Beltline is a already recieving a warm reception; I noticed at the Dogwood Festival that people are already using the incomplete portion that runs northward along the park to Monroe Drive.
Im not sure but I know it will be the largest indoor food market square footage wise in the US. Almost 2x to 3x times larger than the Ferry Building and the Chelsea Market

Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,901,688 times
Quote:

Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,327,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
How different the City of Atlanta will be in 10 years once PCM, BA, the museums downtown, GSU, Downtown Streetcar, BeltLine, etc. are all completed.
No doubt about that. I'm glad I bought a house inside the Beltline when I did. I should have done it even sooner.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,252,634 times
Quote:
Quite frankly it is too many things happen to write about. Oh how I love Atlanta !
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
ditto— atlanta is getting better everyday, constantly evolving into a bigger and better city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Amen to all of that. I have recently been distracted by a lot of goings on, but all this reminds me of what an awesome opportunity I have to live in this great city. It seems like the developments happening around town are game changers. Even on their own, they are significant. But thinking about the combined impact over the course of 5 to 10 years, it's going to be incredible. I love this city.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 AM

687 posts, read 747,054 times
Exciting times! Can I add in the rebuild of Buckhead Village and the turn-around of Atlantic Station.....oh and the extension of Piedmont Park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta