Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,914,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEDON View Post
Is the area well diversed?
The area as a whole you will see mostly Black People but their are White, Indian, Black & Latino professionals who own at the townhome development where I reside. Also there are a ton of young upwardly mobile students attending college right across the street at The Atlanta University Center which comprises of Clark Atlanta University, Spelman College, Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse School of Medicine and Morehouse College. The students who attend these schools come from a very diverse socio-economic backround. There are roughly 15,000 students, professors and administrators who either reside, work and attend school in this area so it lends a great energy that is only going to get better as the area continues to redevelop.

I've seen young white couples in Washington Park and in which the Townhome Development is right in between both neighborhoods and consider ourself apart of both communities as The Westside Village.

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 10-22-2009 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 PM

927 posts, read 2,228,064 times
Speaking of MLK and with this talk of restaurants, westsiders, really anyone in Atlanta, needs to try Food For Life on MLK, which is on the same block as Busy Bee.

Omigod I have never had a better wrap in my life! They make their food with fresh and organic ingredients and the restaurant is nicely decorated. I had this talapia polynesian wrap, and they glaze the tilapia and tortilla with this mandarine orange sauce. Add a side of seasoned fries, and can you say heaven! I dream about that wrap whenever I'm in the West End, lol.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
Speaking of MLK and with this talk of restaurants, westsiders, really anyone in Atlanta, needs to try Food For Life on MLK, which is on the same block as Busy Bee.

Omigod I have never had a better wrap in my life! They make their food with fresh and organic ingredients and the restaurant is nicely decorated. I had this talapia polynesian wrap, and they glaze the tilapia and tortilla with this mandarine orange sauce. Add a side of seasoned fries, and can you say heaven! I dream about that wrap whenever I'm in the West End, lol.
Yeah the food at Food For Life is pretty excellent also another one of my favorites is Mr. Everything Cafe for their great Deli menu and sizzling food.

Just a little correction...Food For Life Cafe isn't located in the West End...It's in The Westside Village!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
Yeah the food at Food For Life is pretty excellent also another one of my favorites is Mr. Everything Cafe for their great Deli menu and sizzling food.

Just a little correction...Food For Life Cafe isn't located in the West End...It's in The Westside Village!!!
Oh, I know it's in the Westside (why I began my sentence as a tip for westsiders), and didn't mean for the confusion. It's just that I'm in the West End way more than the westside, and I do indeed think about food for life when I'm in the West End (and when I'm not, lol) b/c it's so close. Good for clarifying for the visitors though.

Speaking of food some more (man I love ATL cooking!) The Beautiful is another landmark spot off of Ralph David Abernathy/Cascade Rd. and Q-time is another inexpensive soul food spot ($6.99 for a full meal!) You could pretty much do a tour of the West End/Cascade/Westside area and only go to restaurants and you'd be busy for a full couple of days.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,719,466 times
well, I still prefer the view from the street into the stadium lol...

Is their a Ms. Or HS nearby? Other day going home, the corner of mlk and lowery had a ton of youth just loitering...

Same for all the barbershops on MLK but those guys are cool.

I'm starving, I may stop @ food for life for a late lunch in 20...it betta be worth it, bizchick

Old 10-22-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Is their a Ms. Or HS nearby? Other day going home, the corner of mlk and lowery had a ton of youth just loitering...
Yeah, Washington HS is a few blocks away.

Quote:
I'm starving, I may stop @ food for life for a late lunch in 20...it betta be worth it, bizchick[
Ohhh, it is!!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,719,466 times
Oh ok. I assumed so...

Its in the Publix shopping center or on mlk?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Oh ok. I assumed so...

Its in the Publix shopping center or on mlk?
It's on MLK on the left hand side past the babershops and Mr. Everything Cafe in a Stand Alone Building.

Here Is the exterior of the Restaurant on Google Maps
Google Maps

I get my haircut at Uppercuts on MLK as well...So conveneint!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 PM

145 posts, read 598,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post

I'll definitely check Food For Life out. But if you haven't visited Healthful Essence Caribbean Vegan on York St, do yourself a favor and go next time you get an opportunity. They have a hot and cold menu. Try the Curry "Un-goat" with roti. One of the things I really appreciate about living in this part of Atlanta is the amount of "Health-Centric" restaurants there are. Thanks for the tip.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 PM

22 posts, read 79,845 times
I am going to respond to my own comment on this thread, 3 years later! I recently rode my bike on the Atlanta Beltline west end trails, which now exist. You can start at the eastern end of White street on the "PATH" sidewalk, and take that all the way to I-20/Westview. This is a wide sidewalk, but it runs parallel to the old railbed next to it, and you can bike/hike on that, too. Then, if you are adventurous, you can pick up the old railroad bed when "Path" turns west and continue north all the way to Washington Park. I know there is still a lot more to be done, but this part is usable now and I think its great to have these trails in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceverett2000 View Post
Reportedly, the first mile of the beltline trail will be built there next spring. Also, you would have a Krispy-Kreme donut shop nearby. What more could you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta