Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 08:36 AM

616 posts, read 1,113,989 times

Advertisements

Self check out lanes should have an age limit. No one over 45 should be allowed to use them. It's like they've never seen a computer screen before. And then they stand there dumbfounded while the line backs up. Geez man. Scan your item. Weigh your produce. Hit the button and go. They train workers with not even a high school education to do this in like 5 minutes. It isn't like programming a nuclear reactor or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 08:50 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,964,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

My time is important to me.

And I would rather not waste it spending precious time waiting while someone fumbles around in their pocketbook for an ebt card to pay for their goods...and THEN use a regular bankcard to pay the other portion for their goods...while at the same time asking the cashier for a pack of cigarettes...and then pulling out a wad of cash to initiate a SEPARATE transaction on behalf of someone else!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 feet tall View Post
Self check out lanes should have an age limit. No one over 45 should be allowed to use them. It's like they've never seen a computer screen before. And then they stand there dumbfounded while the line backs up. Geez man. Scan your item. Weigh your produce. Hit the button and go. They train workers with not even a high school education to do this in like 5 minutes. It isn't like programming a nuclear reactor or anything.
I just want you two to know that you've already provided my laugh for the day. These descriptions match my experiences to the T! lmao

Old 08-16-2014, 09:11 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,825,340 times
Quote:
You are hilarious, but you better hope you make it to 46 if you're lucky.

I think some of it may be vision issues. The text is pretty small.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
One thing I have to ask about Kroger. Have y'all had issues with expired Dairy and Eggs being still on the shelf? This has happened to me in 2 different krogers now. Both of them were in the hood so maybe it was a matter of management, but I just find it strange. I've never had that issue at Publix, or god forbid, Whole Foods.
I saw a news clip about the expired eggs years ago - how they change the expiration dates. I am not sure anything could have disgusted me more. I have never had a problem though.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 AM

719 posts, read 1,334,028 times
You're smarter if you buy your processed foods at Wally World. Anybody that discourages that should really jump on the band wagon. If I'm buying chips/cookies/canned goods, It just makes more sense someimtes to get those items at Wal-Mart. You'll pay a dollar or so more at Publix or even Kroger. Unless Publix has it's BOGO which is usually on Processed food anyway.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
You're smarter if you buy your processed foods at Wally World. Anybody that discourages that should really jump on the band wagon. If I'm buying chips/cookies/canned goods, It just makes more sense someimtes to get those items at Wal-Mart. You'll pay a dollar or so more at Publix or even Kroger. Unless Publix has it's BOGO which is usually on Processed food anyway.
I am not the biggest processed food buyer, but I put in some serious effort around Thanksgiving. I agree that Walmart has the best prices when it comes to those things like canned soup and what not.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:27 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,181,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
How is the Wal-Mart Supercenter grocery shopping btw?

I have never done it, save one time I was in their to get something else, and found some really beautiful red-globe grapes that beat the quality of any of the grocery stores in my area. (There will be one opening just down the block from my Kroger soon)
In my experience Wal-Mart is much cheaper than both on most things except for meat and produce which varies. Of course you don't get the level of service that you would at Kroger or Publix. What's also ironic is that I have found items at Wal-Mart that neither Publix nor Kroger carry. The main 2 stores I shop at are Wal-Mart and Kroger.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,716,577 times
The headache alone of self checkout/ regular cashier at Walmart only would make me pay the higher price at Kroger to avoid them at all cost. Only Wal Mart that I visit now are the Neighborhood market stores.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:39 PM

23,483 posts, read 44,141,494 times
Quote:
Ageist.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:41 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,783,085 times
I go to Kroger more, my wife goes to both. Publix w/ coupons is decent so my wife sometimes finds Publix more affordable when she has coupons. Kroger's gas stuff is a win for me, as is the rooftop of the Vinings Kroger's view of Atlanta. However, Publix is right around the corner for me whereas the Vinings Kroger is a couple minutes longer drive, so sometimes I'm lazy and just go to Publix. I think Publix counts on that when it sticks itself in wealthy areas and has typically higher prices (sans coupons).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta