Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM

504 posts, read 1,548,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
Yep...Looks like about 80% of the houses that I'm searching for online in my price range (75-100K) in east metro are under contract/pending approval, etc...
Just curious if you are meaning East Metro as in Fulton Co. (Edgewood, Kirkwood, East Lake, etc.), or if you are referring to farther out on the DeKalb Side (City of Decatur, Decatur Unincorporated, Avondale, etc.)? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,934,246 times
Quote:
Just curious if you are meaning East Metro as in Fulton Co. (Edgewood, Kirkwood, East Lake, etc.),
None of those neighborhoods are in Fulton County. All are in City of Atlanta in DeKalb County.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 AM

504 posts, read 1,548,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
None of those neighborhoods are in Fulton County. All are in City of Atlanta in DeKalb County.
Yep, thanks for the correction! I keep making the mistake that the county borders between Fulton & DeKalb are a straight line while the City of Atlanta juts into DeKalb Co. My question still remains though, as some people only refer to the "Atlanta Metro" as actually the city borders of "Atlanta" and not anything past the City of Atlanta in DeKalb County. Since I've lived mostly in neighborhoods off of Memorial Drive in DeKalb Co. ITP (Scottdale, Oakhurst, Belvedere Park) is why I've asked for clarification on which neighborhoods are rebounding in the RE market on the East side.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,934,246 times
Kirkwood, East Lake, East Atlanta, or course anything in Decatur.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM

906 posts, read 1,749,249 times
Metro Atlanta home prices continue to rise | www.ajc.com

Quote:
Home prices in metro Atlanta continue to push higher, mainly because fewer homes are being listed for sale, according to a monthly Re/Max National Housing Report.
The median price for homes sold in metro Atlanta in March was $150,500, which was up 11 percent from February and 42 percent from March a year ago, Re/Max said. The real estate company surveyed 52 metro areas using Multiple Listing Service data.
Metro Atlanta’s housing industry has had to make up more ground than many other metro areas hit hard by foreclosures and a housing glut. The MLS data show the metro area led 19 metropolitan areas in reporting double-digit price increases year over year. Atlanta was followed by San Francisco (up 41 percent), Las Vegas (33 percent) and Phoenix (29 percent)....
“Home sales remain strong, and rising prices are a positive trend, but the shrinking inventory is starting to be a concern,” Kelly said in releasing the MLS data. “Hopefully, higher prices will result in more homeowners gaining increased equity and feeling comfortable putting their home on the market.”
42% is a huge jump over last year.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:06 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,464,017 times
Make sure you get those home inspection. I was in Contract but had to come out as the investor who had flip the home, made it look so good inside. However the home had roofing, plumbing, electric, and foundational issues.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:45 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,328,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post
It can be partially because people are putting higher end homes up for sale after years of wait. That would push the median price of homes sold.

Case Schiller index is the only on that tracks multiple sales of the same property.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:56 PM

631 posts, read 1,096,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuraud View Post
Just curious if you are meaning East Metro as in Fulton Co. (Edgewood, Kirkwood, East Lake, etc.), or if you are referring to farther out on the DeKalb Side (City of Decatur, Decatur Unincorporated, Avondale, etc.)? Thanks!
East OTP. Tucker, Lilburn, Stone Mountain...

Old 04-21-2013, 07:05 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,057,926 times
I have not doubt that is part of it. In the past few years most homes sold were at the lower end which brought the medium home price down to an artificially low level and now there is a lot of pent up demand being unleased in the medium and higher price ranges -- regardless, it is still a great number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
It can be partially because people are putting higher end homes up for sale after years of wait. That would push the median price of homes sold.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,328,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
I have not doubt that is part of it. In the past few years most homes sold were at the lower end which brought the medium home price down to an artificially low level and now there is a lot of pent up demand being unleased in the medium and higher price ranges -- regardless, it is still a great number.
Yes. I was just wanting to make sure that someone did not read it, and came to the incorrect conclusion that home prices in metro Atlanta are up 42%. The article does not clarify this to the lay user.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta