Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM

254 posts, read 419,576 times

Advertisements

I have looked all around for any Comicbook stores around Atlanta, they are either shut down or there are none.. Are there any open comicbook stores in Atlanta? Any information would be nice.

Thanks (:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
Posters, Cards, Models, Oxford Comics Games And More, Atlanta, GA

Old 10-31-2012, 01:39 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,859,374 times
Does Atlanta have a store that sells/ rents old school kung fu flicks, Chinese and Japanese swords, and other cool weapons?

Also, where would I find a record store with a "dusties" section. You know, oldies but goodies.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Does Atlanta have a store that sells/ rents old school kung fu flicks, Chinese and Japanese swords, and other cool weapons?

Also, where would I find a record store with a "dusties" section. You know, oldies but goodies.
Not sure, I am a black-belt in Karate and Martial Arts, I but my katanas and Dao's from Ebay. I will look around for you, though.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,064,341 times
Quote:
There is a guy who sets up a kiosk at Discover Mills who sells nothing but Kung Fu DVDs. He has pretty much everything.

There used to be a store that sells martial arts weapons at Venture Mall near Steve Reynolds. I haven't been there in years, I have no idea if it is still there.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:59 PM

126 posts, read 231,992 times
Oxford is a fantastic comic book store. Easily the best selection of Comics (Marvel, DC, and others), anime, manga, toys and figurines ITP, and possibly in all of Metro Atlanta. Their back issues section is extensive, and if they don't have something you want (and can't find online), they'll order it for you. They'll even create a pull list for you so you can just swing by and pick up the series you regularly read without having to comb the stacks for them.

Service CAN be lacking sometimes (the employees just seem a bit disinterested sometimes), but otherwise Oxford is an amazing store. The Location's horrible to get to during rush hour though, Piedmont Road going into and out of Buckhead near Sidney Marcus can be a mess. Keep that in mind.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:25 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,852,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post

Wax 'n' Facts @ L5P

This little spot right next to the Flying Biscuit in Candler Park -- I forget the name.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,852,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayateWind View Post
Oxford is a fantastic comic book store. Easily the best selection of Comics (Marvel, DC, and others), anime, manga, toys and figurines ITP, and possibly in all of Metro Atlanta. Their back issues section is extensive, and if they don't have something you want (and can't find online), they'll order it for you. They'll even create a pull list for you so you can just swing by and pick up the series you regularly read without having to comb the stacks for them.

Service CAN be lacking sometimes (the employees just seem a bit disinterested sometimes), but otherwise Oxford is an amazing store. The Location's horrible to get to during rush hour though, Piedmont Road going into and out of Buckhead near Sidney Marcus can be a mess. Keep that in mind.
I concur...

Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,878,856 times
i think fantasyland (off pharr road in buckhead) has comic books as well as some retro dirty magazines.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i think fantasyland (off pharr road in buckhead) has comic books as well as some retro dirty magazines.
Not looking for dirty magazines, but thanks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta