Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horns3 View Post
Moving to Gwinnett County this summer. Can anyone give me names of middle schools in Gwinnett County that have Autism/Asperger programs or good special ed. programs?

Thanks!

Angela
Gwinnett County is by far THE BEST COUNTY to live in if you have an ASD child. The school your child attends is determined by your cluster. Meaning where ever your physical address is you will be placed within a school cluster that has been zoned to your area. I have an ASD child and all of her teachers are well trained in teaching and nurturing ASD children. The ASD program in Gwinnett is well funded and the outside support programs are abundant. Unfortunately my family had to leave Gwinnett when both my husband and myself lost our jobs and now reside in "gasp" Clayton county. The school system with the worst report card. Funding here is horrible and everything is run backwards. Our hopes are to return to Gwinnett just for our child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 01:35 PM

24 posts, read 176,982 times
What school did your daughter attend in Georgia?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,358 times
I am Director of Admissions at a school that was founded for a child with Asperger's Syndrome. If you have a special needs child on an IEP in a Georgia public school you are eligible to receive funding from the state to help offset private school tuition. It is service based funding. In other words, the more your child receives in the way of services, the more funding you are eligible to receive. It can be anywhere from $2,000 to $12,000 a year! In addition, in most circumstances our school is able to offer some GOAL scholarship assistance, as well. If any of you are interested in speaking with me about our program and what sets us apart, please call Cumberland Academy of Georgia.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,196 times
I know this is late, but in gwinnett County my son attended kindergarten at Brookwood Elementary (with mild/moderate ASD) and it was AMAZING. They moved him (due to our address) to Annistown Elementary which has also been really good to him for 1st and 2nd grade. I would however, if I could afford it, get him back to Brookwood in a heart beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta