Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 06:47 PM

787 posts, read 973,440 times

Advertisements

My kids are going to public school, I don't believe in private school. Some of the most successful people i know went to public schools. The only ones who fail are usually the ones with bad home situations. And it will be in Fulton County, 30331.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,880,388 times
You don't believe in private school? Is that like the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy? Private school does exist in real life. Now, if you mean that you don't believe that private school should be allowed, then specify so. If you believe that public school is a better choice, say so. But to say "I don't believe in it" just sounds silly.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:19 AM

2,307 posts, read 3,012,868 times
Maybe Larry X should home school. Hmmmm...

Old 07-25-2014, 11:39 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,160,246 times
Quote:
You don't believe in private school? Is that like the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy? Private school does exist in real life
He didn't deny their existence. He said he doesn't believe in them. Not everybody is interested in private schools... just as there are people who will not consider public schools under any circumstance because, well, they don't believe in them. If anything is silly, it's your reaction.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:45 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,880,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
He didn't deny their existence. He said he doesn't believe in them. Not everybody is interested in private schools... just as there are people who will not consider public schools under any circumstance because, well, they don't believe in them. If anything is silly, it's your reaction.
But, presumably, those who are reading a thread titled "Private Schools" are interested in private schools. If not, why are they reading this thread in the first place? Why come onto a thread titled "Private schools" and berate people who use private schools unless you have an agenda? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but think about it. If you were posting about which model of BMW to get, would you appreciate someone coming onto the thread insisting that they "don't believe in" BMW's and that you should get a Mercedes instead? Just think about it.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,160,246 times
Quote:
berate people who use private schools unless you have an agenda?
Was that the case?

Why assume they have some horrible agenda. I browsed this thread and it's gone all kinds of tangents.

Maybe I missed something, but all I saw was someone say that they preferred public schools. Yes in that preference they stated specifically that they do not care for private schools, but there is nothing wrong with someone chiming in along those lines unless this mean the entire thread going down some long road of public vs private. Someone might rule out a public school that might meet someone's needs or criteria and vice versa.

There's a place for this exchange and it's called a forum.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:31 PM

559 posts, read 835,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Why assume they have some horrible agenda.

Probably goes back to previous "private school" discussions on this board.

There was a period of time where any mention of preferring private schools on this forum brought out public school defenders to criticize those who go private.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:08 PM

616 posts, read 1,116,202 times
I found this thread somewhat humorous. A lot of first world problems - oh no, lavish trips to Europe vs elite private school! The sacrifices we all make!!

Not knocking it, and people should do what they think is best for their kids and their family. Just an interesting slice of the population in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta