Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 AM

19 posts, read 77,159 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be starting grad school at Emory in the Fall and my wife and I are looking for a decent priced 1 or 2 bedroom in a quiet, safe neighborhood that does not have to be walking distance from school (I will most likely drive to campus anyway, so I'm fine with 15-20 minute commute). Though we would also like to be near some shopping areas for groceries and other needs, so that's something to think about as well... Does anyone have any suggestions for where we might start looking if our budget lies around $800-1000?

Thank you!
J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM

19 posts, read 77,159 times
*bump

anyone? thanks in advance.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM

207 posts, read 322,628 times
North Druid Hills or Brookhaven would work.

Apartment Community Details - Post Apartment Homes - Furnished and Unfurnished Apartments

Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM

262 posts, read 638,662 times
I like the Medlock Park neighborhood. If you keep an eye out I think you could find a 2 bedroom for around $1000. Most rentals I see are $1100-$1200 but that is for 3 bedrooms. There are definitely some 2-br out there.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 PM

32,037 posts, read 36,878,577 times
Sure wish we still had our garage apartment. We had two different Emory grad school couples stay there over the years and it was a perfect arrangement.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
Hi everyone...

I'm also going to grad school in Emory this fall and i"m looking for a condo apartment (no houses because I dont want to do lawn work). As for commuting, I plan to take the MARTA/shuttle buses or cycle to school.

But overall, safety and low crime rates are a prime consideration for me. Are Buckhead (Heights and Village) and Avondale estates safe areas to live in, yet not too expensive? Thanks!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelli View Post
Hi everyone...

I'm also going to grad school in Emory this fall and i"m looking for a condo apartment (no houses because I dont want to do lawn work). As for commuting, I plan to take the MARTA/shuttle buses or cycle to school.

But overall, safety and low crime rates are a prime consideration for me. Are Buckhead (Heights and Village) and Avondale estates safe areas to live in, yet not too expensive? Thanks!
I was also wondering, which towns have a high proportion of Emory undergrad and grad students staying off-campus? Or is everyone scattered all over?

Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,835,985 times
I moved out of a nice large 1 bedroom basement apartment near downtown Decatur in February. I paid $850 including all utilities (internet, cable, power, gas). Had it's own single car garage and windows in every room (rare for a basement). I was a two block walk from CVS, Farm Burger and Taqueria del Sol. Directly off Clairmont so it'd be an easy commute to the Emory area. It was great for my needs and I loved living there, but I recently got married and needed more space. Landlord lives in the house above, and typically rents to Emory and Agnes Scott students. I know it's currently leased for a couple months (spring) but have no clue what the longer term availability is. Send me a direct message and I can pass along the contact information if it sounds appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta