Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,857,747 times

Advertisements

I'm sure Walmart will request a zone precinct within the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittierMillVillage View Post
Whittier Mill Village is great and Riverside is right up there near us, in my obviously biased opinion as a 10 year very, very happy resident of WMV Drive through once and you will agree! We hardly ever have any crime, and it has been this way since before I even moved here 10 years ago. Riverside has a bit more than us, but again we have almost zero, so that is still not much. I think Riverside is as safe as any comparable intown neighborhood. We also have a private security patrol that patrols WMV, Riverside, and Vinings on the Chattahoochee, which is in between WMV and Riverside. Of course, WMV is way more expensive than most of the other neighborhoods you mentioned, but due to the housing market, there are still some deals sometimes. Right now you can get a home for just above $100,000 that needs a total renovation, or a renovated 2/2.5 for $225,000 or a 3/2.5 with a finished basement for $299,000. Riverside prices are all over the place and there are still foreclosures and short sales there a lot, so you can get a good deal.
Well, good luck with your search.
I've driven through that area before. It's absolutely beautiful! Is Hottie Hogg's BBQ any good?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:23 PM

207 posts, read 322,009 times
The stretch of Howell Mill/Marietta St. from Huff Road on the North to Northside/GA Tech on the South (including Westside Provisions) has remarkable potential. Atlanta city government could really give things a shot in the arm if they constructed a unified streetscape to run along Marietta Street/Howell Mill from the new apartments at Northside (M Street Apts., I beleive) to Huff Road.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,871,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
I work down near there. I agree it isn't as bad as it used to be and some progress has been made, but it still isn't a place I would choose to live. You can live there very cheaply, but it is still not far at all from areas that are awful.
that's what would bother me. english avenue is the scariest place i have ever seen in my life and i wouldn't want to live anywhere near it— i won't drive through it in the daytime.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM

294 posts, read 451,063 times
Yeah I really like the "Atlanta's Upper West Side" like its called sometimes which I think includes Whittier Mill, Riverside and the Vinnings on Chatta. I am curious about the schools; I heard they were E. Rivers for Elem, Sutton for Middle, and North Atlanta for High. Those are good schools, right?

I also like how that area has their own library and they are building a new fire station/police station there. I think once the Bolton/Marietta/Moores Mill shopping center is built and the Bolton/James Jackson area gets leased this area will take off.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM

145 posts, read 361,456 times
The schools for WMV, VOC, and Riverside are:
Elementary: Bolton Academy, A great school with an IB (international baccalaureate) program!)
Middle: Sutton (also IB)
High: North Atlanta (also IB)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta