Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 AM

60 posts, read 150,047 times

Advertisements

So me, my husband and my 2 young kids are relocating from Milwaukee, WI to the Duluth area. Thanks to suggestions from the SUPER helpful people of this forum, we have been focusing our search in Suwanee.
We're planning to rent for 1 year before we buy a house, just because we want to become more familiar with the different towns and really figure out where our family would fit best.

I came across a townhome and it's billed as being located "in the highly sought after Suwanee Station." The place looks really nice and we're pretty interested in it, but like I said, we know nothing about the area.

Can anyone tell me about Suwanee Station and what makes it so "sought after."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,080,918 times
I'm not familiar with that particular community, but I can tell you that what makes it "sought after" is that's the marketing term the owner decided to use.

It's like my rental townhome in the "highly sought after Ninth Ward of New Orleans."

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this community, it's probably fine, but it's only highly sought after in the mind of the person renting it out. If it was that highly sought after, he wouldn't even have to advertise it.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:22 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,323,708 times
I looked into Suwanee Station when I moved to Atlanta metro a few years back. We ended up in the next county over, but I did see some of the houses at Suwanee Station.

As a person who likes reasonably sized houses, I liked Suwanee Station's houses. It is a large subdivision with houses and townhouses. It seemed like one of the best "bang for the buck" places in Suwanee.

Only thing to look into -- since it is quite reasonably priced, just make sure to see how the community turned out ("you get what you pay for").

Old 02-18-2012, 09:41 AM

I looked it up, and I think I know where this is.

It's off Peachtree Industrial on a hill, behind Cinco, if it's what I'm thinking of.

The reason it's cheaper is because it's a bit off the beaten path. I mean, Peachtree Industrial is a fine road, but it's a little bit barren up there with a few shopping centers but not a heavy commercial area. You're a bit away from downtown Suwanee, which would be the sought after area if you can say that about any particular part of Suwanee.

Personally, I would never buy in that subdivision because it is adjacent to high density power lines (you can see them on satellite view on Google maps) and I just personally don't trust those things. A lot of people feel the same way, but I know I'm weird about that!

Anyway, to answer your question, my opinion would be this:

Is Suwanee Station highly desirable? No.

Is it fine to rent there for a year while you figure out where you want to buy? Looks like it to me.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Ok... thanks for this info!

I actually, finally, just got in touch with the property manager who informed me that he just sold the town home.

Back to the drawing board!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Forgot to mention close to the river....also highly desirable! But expensive.

Maybe a Suwanee expert could provide other parts of town that are considered sought after.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Maybe a Suwanee expert could provide other parts of town that are considered sought after.

Yes... this would be great! Any Suwanee experts out there??

Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 PM

475 posts, read 1,372,551 times
If I'm not mistaken, it's the same place I looked at a couple years ago and has a bunch of amenities, like a gym, 2 pools and tennis courts ($120 a month fee) and is a apart of mixed use area as there are some businesses close by and a mix of townhomes and single-family and it isn't too far (4 miles?) to the park /city hall area. The only thing I'd say is a negative is that space was a bit on the short side and is stacked up like most townhomes. But floorplans were varied, some nice picture windows and kitchen areas. It also was expanding at the time when other places slowed down. Suwanee comes up a lot because it's expanded rapidly in the past 5 years but tries to be careful with it's green space, has good schools, a relatively high per capita income, and some decent bars/restaurants although may depend on what you are looking for. Do realtors handle rentals? I'd suggest Georgia Prudential in Suwanee they are very experienced with the area.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,717 times
We also moved from the Milwaukee area to Suwanee. Suwanee Station is fine, but I thing the North Gwinnett Jr and High Schools are excellent and I would recommend buying inside of that district. Check out the neighborhoods off of Moore Rd. It is a beautiful established area and has several price ranges. It is a good location for any direction you may be driving also. I think the Morningview area is in the same school cluster and seems like a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: