Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:19 PM

550 posts, read 989,302 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences with East Cobb, it was very helpful in our research.

I couldn't be happier--we found a great house in our price range that doesn't need updating, in a beautiful neighborhood with swim/tennis. I can't wait to be so close to everything we could possibly need (in marked contrast to our current location) and to have seasons and awesome public schools.

I will do a separate post when I get a chance on special education in the Pope and Walton clusters for the benefit of future posters.

We close Feb. 15th. Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM

538 posts, read 925,904 times
Congratulations......you made a wise choice....

Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 PM

16,698 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongirl View Post
Thanks to all who have shared their experiences with East Cobb, it was very helpful in our research.

I couldn't be happier--we found a great house in our price range that doesn't need updating, in a beautiful neighborhood with swim/tennis. I can't wait to be so close to everything we could possibly need (in marked contrast to our current location) and to have seasons and awesome public schools.

I will do a separate post when I get a chance on special education in the Pope and Walton clusters for the benefit of future posters.

We close Feb. 15th. Woohoo!
Are you in Heritage Trace or Hunter's Trace (or somewhere else)???

Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 PM

33 posts, read 94,758 times
Great choice! That happens to be our school district. We love Timber Ridge and Dodgen, and my neighbors and friends with kids at Walton (or kids who graduated from Walton) speak highly of it. I have no worries about my children going there at this point. Good luck with your move.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:23 AM

128 posts, read 149,207 times
Congratulations. Aside from great schools you will find a variety of shopping, leisure activities, parks and many more.
Great choice. Wish you the best.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Are you in Heritage Trace or Hunter's Trace (or somewhere else)???
We are in North Forest. And yes--I was just about to die at all of the shopping. Currently I have to drive almost an hour to find anything like those options, and also for kids' activities etc. My life will be so much easier!

We toured Timber Ridge and Mt. Bethel (my son may possibly end up there) and Dodgen and were very impressed with all of them.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM

16,698 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongirl View Post
We are in North Forest. And yes--I was just about to die at all of the shopping. Currently I have to drive almost an hour to find anything like those options, and also for kids' activities etc. My life will be so much easier!

We toured Timber Ridge and Mt. Bethel (my son may possibly end up there) and Dodgen and were very impressed with all of them.
Oh, I see...I didn't realize that North Forest had swim/tennis.

That's a nice, secluded location--but very close to everything (The Avenue East Cobb, Merchant's Walk Mega-Shopping, Historic Downtown Roswell, etc.). A quick jaunt to GA 400 as well.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,005 times
Congrats and best of luck with the move.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Oh, I see...I didn't realize that North Forest had swim/tennis.

That's a nice, secluded location--but very close to everything (The Avenue East Cobb, Merchant's Walk Mega-Shopping, Historic Downtown Roswell, etc.). A quick jaunt to GA 400 as well.
We are very close to the two tennis courts (I think they are lighted?) and the pool and playground. I *think* there is a swim team--really hoping so because it would be so awesome to not have to get in the car and drive to swim practice!

Really it couldn't be more perfect for our family. The commute won't be great for dh, but he will leave by 6:30 and works long hours regardless so would be coming home after rush hour. And there is a possibility that he would be working in Buckhead eventually which would make the commute even better!

I am a little wary of Walton (my friend who went to Lovett said she would never send her daughter there...) but we have a few years and I think my daughter has a good head on her shoulders and knows perfectly well that she will not be the kid driving the new BMW to high school, and we have high expectations for her but her sense of self does not depend on getting into Harvard.

Timber Ridge and Dodgen seem fabulous.

This forum has been extremely helpful though so I appreciate those who have shared perceptions on schools!

Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,037 times
Congrats and great choice! Timber Ridge/Dodgen/Walton are all fantastic schools! Great area! You will love it! Welcome to East Cobb!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta