Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM

4,844 posts, read 6,112,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I was basing the Ernest comparison mostly off the lame titles of the movies.

Titles like Madea Goes To Jail, Madea's Class Reunion, and A Madea Christmas are strikingly similar to titles such as Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest Goes To School, and Ernest Saves Christmas.

The movies are named almost the exact same thing, and both are named after completely ridiculous characters. So even if the movies aren't alike, drawing comparisons by the layperson are inevitable.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen an Ernest movie all the way through. Perhaps there are folks out there who would take issue with that and make me aware of the complex social issues that are being addressed while Ernest only plays comic relief?
The only Ernest film I seem is ernest scared stupid. But no Ernest doesn't plays a comic reliefs. Ernest films are goofy comedies aimed for children. The same with kazaam.

I see your point on the tittle but at the same time there are a lot of blank Christmas blank goes to blank films that's a common thing to do in the film industry.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:00 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,354,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
So basically you're ignorant of his films and just want to keep spewing ignorance. I mean, you can't say you dislike something you have never seen or don't know about to even dislike......... failed
I tried to fix your grammar and spelling above, but gave up when I got to that last part.

I have a movie idea for Tyler. How about "Madea Teaches Grammar?"

Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 AM

4,844 posts, read 6,112,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
I tried to fix your grammar and spelling above, but gave up when I got to that last part.

I have a movie idea for Tyler. How about "Madea Teaches Grammar?"
Allowed me to re-post because you still didn't read, so let me break it down in simple phrases.

So basically you're ignorant of his films
and just want to keep spewing ignorance.
I mean, you can't say you dislike something
you have never seen
or don't know about
to even dislike......... failed

That's call this
argument to ignorance (argumentum ad ignorantiam) - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Argument from silence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also attacking someone because you can't respond doesn't make you look smart in fact it makes you desperate and childish.
Fallacy: Appeal to Ridicule

Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,354,042 times
Quote:
Allowed me to re-post because you still didn't read, so let me break it down in simple phrases.

you have never seen
or don't know about

That's call this
argument to ignorance (argumentum ad ignorantiam) - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Also attacking someone because you can't respond doesn't make you look smart in fact it makes you desperate and childish.
Very impressive. You must have watched "Madea uses Google" twice.

Ha ha ha

Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,027,124 times
You might not like him but you should respect him. He has brought in a lot of money/jobs to this region. He is one of the reasons some movies have been shot here because he brought a new "light" to Atlanta nationally. I wonder why he gets so much hate but people are not this negative when a liquor store/etc opens up.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,354,132 times
I've seen most of Tyler Perry's work. His movies are mostly poorly written soap operas filled with cliches. I don't think a single film of his has received good reviews.

His plays have been rather entertaining, and some were simply great chitlin circuit fare, but they've gotten pretty redundant recently.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,576,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyte3k View Post
lol ya... and found it funny

I'm surprised he can still churn out these movies and get people to watch them
Tyler Perry is for black girls.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,576,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I wonder if I can get a role if I show up with a Boondocks shirt on
First of all, where does one purchase official Boondocks apparel?? I never seen any & kinda want one with Riley on it.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:54 AM

183 posts, read 196,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I've seen most of Tyler Perry's work. His movies are mostly poorly written soap operas filled with cliches. I don't think a single film of his has received good reviews.

His plays have been rather entertaining, and some were simply great chitlin circuit fare, but they've gotten pretty redundant recently.
Why did I get Married and For Colored Girls got good reviews.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:55 AM

183 posts, read 196,987 times
Quote:

you have never seen
or don't know about

That's call this

Dude came out as a troll 2 pages ago, so why are you feeding him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: