Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 PM

4 posts, read 13,213 times

Advertisements

I will moving to atlanta @the in of sept.to the sandy springs area? My ? is do anyone know anything about these apartments name "Harbor Pointe"there right off 400?Could anyone tell me if there good ?ok?or bad?I checked them out while in atlanta but it was doing the morning hours?And also is sandy spings a good area over all or what?I mean crime and job wise?iam in manufacturing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 07:10 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,818,891 times
I used to own a townhome in that neighborhood and one of my best friends lived in that apartment complex. It seemed ok everytime I hung out there. He drove an S2000 and it never got keyed or anything, and there were some other really expensive cars there too. They have garages for rent if you're worried about stuff like that. Sandy Springs is one of my favorite commuter spots in Atl if you don't know where you're working since you are close to all the highways in a central location.

There's also plenty of shopping/restaurants around (what part of Atl doesn't?) and overall it's fairly safe - just make sure you lock your car and house. The thing I don't like about the city is the fact that it has the least amount of green park space per square mile out of any city in the Atlanta metro area. When it was a part of the city of Atlanta, it only received back about 10% of the taxes it paid to Fulton Co. since it's a pretty wealthy area, but was neglected for such a long time by the county. I assume since it broke away and incorporated as a city about 2 years ago, it will only get better.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:15 PM

4 posts, read 13,213 times
Thanks alot for that info.Iam going to be new to tha atlanta area and have NO clue where anythang is or anything but i was told that was a central location.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 AM

77 posts, read 332,649 times
Sandy Springs, as a whole, is a good area. However, the closer you get to I-285, the worse it gets.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 8,773 times
Lightbulb Here's where I would recommend...

In Sandy Springs, apartments are very hit or miss .

My Aunt lived at 550 Abernathy on Abernathy Road. I would recommend their for sure. Her apartment was a townhome and was very cute. Not the newest, but had all the right touches. Location wise, I think hers was better than Harbor Pointe, because to get therem you have to get all the way over to Roswell Road and then up past the rough area. My Aunts place was like 2 lights off of 400 AND it was just the first exit outside of 285. Location could not be beat. Plus her place was right beside the Sandy Springs Tennis Center and I used to take her dog over there for their nature trail. I think, yeah, it's a public park & tennis center, so how cool was that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: