Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM

88 posts, read 304,554 times

Advertisements

How's the curriculum, extra-curricular activities, teachers and other staff?

We're relocating and don't have a lot of time to get situated therefor we're hoping the school we get my 2nd grader in is right the 1st time around. So any beware's, up-hill battles with staff or questionable policies I'd like to know about. And if you could then advise of private alternatives I"d be more than grateful. Thx again City data community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM

985 posts, read 5,765,079 times
I don't have personal experience, but I do know Parsons is very good school (among top five in Gwinnett). It is very new school, only four years old I believed. Their students came from very wealthy Peachtree Ridge area (area just north of Sugarloaf CC). The school already started this past Monday.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:34 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,112,927 times
I have also heard that it is an excellent school.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 PM

88 posts, read 304,554 times
Question How are rankings determined in Gwinnett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxu66 View Post
I don't have personal experience, but I do know Parsons is very good school (among top five in Gwinnett). It is very new school, only four years old I believed. Their students came from very wealthy Peachtree Ridge area (area just north of Sugarloaf CC). The school already started this past Monday.
I've been to Gwinnett county's website and they don't rank their schools. Can you tell me how you're determining ranking in the county?

Thx

Old 08-14-2007, 11:06 PM

426 posts, read 2,324,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futrMrsJ View Post
I've been to Gwinnett county's website and they don't rank their schools. Can you tell me how you're determining ranking in the county?

Thx
You can go to the Atlanta Journal Contitution's website (ajc.com | Atlanta Journal-Constitution) and click on the school guide. You can search schools by county and compare school's test scores, see the number of teachers with advanced degrees and see how many years of experience they have, and you can also search the demographics of the school (racial diversity, the number of students on free lunch, etc.).

A good private elementary choice in the area would be Woodward North in Johns Creek. It's K-6 and nonsectarian. After that if you want to keep your kids in Woodward they would attend school on the main campus in College Park fom 7-12. College Park is about 45 minuts from where you are moving to but that school draws kids from 20 metro counties and is very high ranked. Their website is Woodward Academy.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:05 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,112,927 times
Type in "Georgia schools report card" on a search engine, and the website for the Georgia Public Policy Commission should show up. They have the schools ranked by test scores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: