Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 9,069 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I am moving to the Atlanta area and I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom apartment that will accept my cat and dog. My job is located at Technology Parkway and Peachtree Pkwy in Norcross. I went there for a few days to work although I didn't have the time to look at any apartments. The women I was working with told me nowhere was safe in Atlanta. So my priority is to rent as safe of an apartment as I can afford that will allow pets.

I thought about the Buckhead area, but hear the 400 is a bear for traffic. And if I remember correctly rent was rather high. I have read some Atlanta people recommend areas around the Perimeter Mall.

Being a renter, in the past I have looked at the rental books and the apartment complex looks great, until you get there and see the cars in the lot and if they keep up the grounds.

If anyone has a suggestion, I would sure appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:50 AM

273 posts, read 1,755,333 times
I think that is just south of the Duluth area. There are some apartments on Peachtree Industrial Blvd just south of Pleasant Hill Road that aren't bad. Easier to commute from there than from Buckhead.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 AM

2 posts, read 9,069 times
Thank you for your suggestion. The only reason I was trying to stay away from apartments was due to another thread saying the roaches were just awful in Atlanta. I didn't like the ants in Florida, but I really don't like the thought of fighting roaches.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:53 AM

6 posts, read 166,797 times
I would recommand the area north of either ptree industrial or ptree parkway and go pass pleasant hill. That area is usally new, clean and less crime.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:02 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
kansascitykid - First of all, welcome! I don't know what the girls in your workplace were smoking, but no - crime is not bad in all parts of Atlanta. Me thinks they are watching too much of Channel 2 (if it bleeds, it leads).

I too agree that you should look around Perimeter Mall & Dunwoody. They are building apartments like crazy on the east side of Ashford Dunwoody Rd. The only name that comes to mind at the moment is Metropolitan Gables (recently completed). All lot of the complexes in this part of town are gated, so you should feel pretty safe. You also might consider renting a condo. Be sure to check out craigslist, it seems to have the best selection over a broad area. One warning during your search - be careful around Norcross. Some areas are very nice, while some do verge on the early stages of ghettoization.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:16 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansascitykid View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. The only reason I was trying to stay away from apartments was due to another thread saying the roaches were just awful in Atlanta. I didn't like the ants in Florida, but I really don't like the thought of fighting roaches.
It's not going to really matter if you have a house, apartment, or condo. The roaches are everywhere ("Palmetto bugs" as the locals call them - they live outdoors but sometimes venture indoors). You will see them, you will have some enter your place. That's just the way it is. You or your complex just needs to have exterminators come and take care of the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta