Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 PM

78 posts, read 371,487 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. I am trying to figure it all out especially with all the new lines for districts. We like Brookstone I and Olde England Lakes does anyone know what they were rezoned for Ford or Pickett's Mill and are these areas nice for kids? Thanks Again!!! It sounds like all the west cobb schools are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 PM

Also, does anyone have a really good preschool that they would suggest for 3K and 4K not daycare just a 3 or 4 day a week either private or church program in the Acworth area??? Thanks.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:48 AM

304 posts, read 1,431,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish74 View Post
Thanks everyone. I am trying to figure it all out especially with all the new lines for districts. We like Brookstone I and Olde England Lakes does anyone know what they were rezoned for Ford or Pickett's Mill and are these areas nice for kids? Thanks Again!!! It sounds like all the west cobb schools are fine.
I was looking at the new maps, and it looks like Olde England Lake will be redistricted to Frey. Brookstone I is split between Pickett's Mill and Ford. The dividing line for Brookstone I is Burnt Hickory; north of Burnt Hickory will attend Pickett's Mill, south of Burnt Hickory will stay at Ford. That's why I mentioned earlier to be careful where you pick in Brookstone I if you have your heart set on Ford. You can view the new maps here (just click on the links under the "updated 6.28.07" section):

Cobb County School District (broken link)

I am not that familiar with Olde England Lake....looks like a new neighborhood? Anyway, I think Brookstone I is supposed to be very nice for kids & seems to be a close-knit community. Honestly I think West Cobb in general is very family friendly.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM

7 posts, read 43,434 times
Default new to Acworth

Hi,
I was interested in all of your posts since we are buying a house in Brookstone next month. We're south of Burnt Hickory so still in the Ford school district. I'm happy to see that all of the schools are good since we have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Since some of you live in the area, just wondering if there are any fun places that we need to check out. I'm a stay at home mom and we're leaving all of our playgroups, story times, mother's day out program, etc here in Michigan and will be looking for those in GA!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM

7 posts, read 43,434 times
Default new to acworth

Hi,
I was interested in all of your posts since we are buying a house in Brookstone next month. We're south of Burnt Hickory so still in the Ford school district. I'm happy to see that all of the schools are good since we have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Since some of you live in the area, just wondering if there are any fun places that we need to check out. I'm a stay at home mom and we're leaving all of our playgroups, story times, mother's day out program, etc here in Michigan and will be looking for those in GA!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:05 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,686,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhoule View Post
Hi,

That big YMCA at the front of the neighborhood would be a good start.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 AM

304 posts, read 1,431,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
That big YMCA at the front of the neighborhood would be a good start.
There is also a library branch next door to the Y as well.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:02 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,838,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
We live in Acworth right off of 75 and 92. I work downtown and my fiance works in Buckhead as well.

My father lives in Brookstone. You need to tack on 20 minutes just to get from Brookstone to 75 in the morning/afternoon. Our commute averages around 50 minutes so your estimation is pretty accurate.

With his schedule, Acworth is very doable. You'll definatley want the west side of 41 for the better schools.

The best way to get to Buckhead is 75 South to Mt. Paran or West Paces and then neighborhood roads over to Buckhead.
"better schools"= predominately white schools.

Acworth

Middle schools west of 41: Durham: 85% white
Lost Mountain: 88% white
McClure: 85-90% white

Middle schools east of 41: Barber: 45% white
Awtrey: 60% white

Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,838,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor319 View Post
If I would be on your shoes, ACWORTH would be my decision. Good schools and the traffic on I-75 is a lot better for any area than taking I-575 from Woodstock.

Victor
I-575 isn't as bad as I-75, which regularly backs up before Wade Green Road.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM

Hi since we are trying to move that way too I was wondering what made you buy in Brookstone? Was it just the house/schools or was it the area itself such as it is a nice neighborhood? Do they have alot of neighborhood get togethers there? Just curious. We are STILL trying to sell our house here in Macon, GA so we will not be moving until then. Good luck with everything!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta