Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 11,408 times

Advertisements

so i was charged $169 and my court date is May 26th.
i found that i could pay the fine online(through cobbstatecourtclerk.com), but the question is, do i still have to go to the court even if i paid the fine?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:31 PM

840 posts, read 2,086,159 times
IDK I just got finished paying off one of those tickets my self.

I would contact Cobb clerk of courts and ask if I needed to go to court. I dont know if it it is different in Cobb county from Clayton county but when I got the ticket I got a court date from the officer and went but what I didnt know was that I was suppose to go to State court and on that date, instead I went to traffic court and they told me my name was not on the docket so I left for the day, bad Idea. About 8 months later I was pulled over in Coweta County and the officer told me that I had a warrant for failure to show. I spent a week in Jail because I paid the ticket off but didnt go to the correct court. I had to pay a extra $300 for warrant fees just for a mistake and a misunderstanding. So call and ask the clerks they normally are very friendly.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
If you can pay the ticket online then you dont have to go to court as long as you pay it before the court date. If it was a must appear ticket you wouldnt even be able to pay it online... it would tell you must appear in court. When I had a suspended registration ticket last year (idiots sent the renewal to the wrong address), when I went to pay it online it wouldnt even let me. It told me that I HAD to go to court.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:36 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
Traffic ticket "what should I do" inquiries should be made through a legal professional via one of any number of attorneys in the local yellow pages, or by calling your local county offices. No one here can (or should) dispense what is essentially legal advice in the forums about what you should do. So please advise a legal professional for this particular situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta