Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 54,786 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I just moved to Lawrenceville from Los Angeles (woo hoo!). Can anyone please recommend any churches to me that are within 20 miles or so of Gwinnett AME, Bapstist, or Non-Denominational. thank you.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Isn't Eddie Long out that way? Also Earl Paulk on Flat Shoals Rd (he ain't black but his church is).

Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 AM

24 posts, read 208,077 times
What about churches in Marietta or close by?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:21 AM

218 posts, read 1,189,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Isn't Eddie Long out that way? Also Earl Paulk on Flat Shoals Rd (he ain't black but his church is).
Eddie Long's church is in Lithonia near I-20; I think he is a good 45 minutes to an hour from Lawrenceville

Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
Hi,

On Rt. 29/8 heading towards Winder, there is a black either Baptist or AME, I think it's Baptist just past the Ingles on the left hand side in Auburn.
From Lawrenceville, maybe 20-25 minutes.

Small Georgia old time church, but on Sunday the lot is full. And when the doors are open??? Let's just say you can hear them gettin' their Jesus on!!!!

If your evangelical and enjoy high energy services, you can't beat the small town Southern Churches, no matter black or white.

Good Luck

Old 07-13-2007, 02:37 PM

274 posts, read 860,335 times
Default ATL churches

Black churches in ATL area........ you've got to kidding there is one every other mile in any direction. If your impressed with the "big name ministry" there are plenty to go around: Long, Bynum, Dollar, Morton, if your into mega ministry. Problem is is that it takes over an hour to get out of the parking lots after services. Check out Bronner in Austell, Charles Stanley (near you) both good teaching ministers. I myself moved here from LA (DONT MISS IT AT ALL !!!) You'll find that there are many good no-name ministries here just find a good teaching one regardless of color. I came from a COGIC church in Riverside. I now prefer non-denom.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:13 PM

275 posts, read 870,368 times
Every week, I try to catch E. Dewey Smith's church service on The Word Network. His church, Greater Travelers Rest Baptist, is in Decatur, and I've really enjoyed his sermons. Should I decide on ATL, I'll definitely be going to check out his church.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 39,243 times
I am in the same boat. Just moved here from Florida, but originally from So. Calif. We are in Lawrenceville. We do have alot of large names, but they are too large for us. we just came from one that large and really would like to be a little smaller. We went to Victory World in Duluth. Church is international in nature. Very friendly, teaching Pastor & people. They have about a couple thousand memebers but they do 3 services and have individual groups/leaders that meet for bible studies, etc.

We do want to visit others, but not sure where. We where thinking of visiting Vision of Life Ministries in Lawrenceville on Chestnut. But, we'll see.

Terri

Old 07-25-2007, 09:17 AM

167 posts, read 769,495 times
What many that don't live in Gwinnett are unaware of is Gwinnett doesn't have as many black churches at Fulton and Dekalb counties. There is not a black church on each street corner.

I would suggest three Gwinnett churches for you to attend for consideration. Hopewell (a mega one in Norcross), Friendship (Duluth) and Christ the King (Dacula). All of these churches have very active memberships and I think you will find a great church home among these three.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:58 AM

19 posts, read 117,344 times
Can anyone tell me about any black churches that are south of Atlanta. We are purchasing in Peachtree City, and it is too far to drive to Long's church in Lithonia. We do prefer the mega churches though. We will be coming from Evangel Cathedral, in Upper Marlboro, MD. Bishop Meares is the head pastor. He ain't black either, but his church is. Where is Earl Paulkes church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta