Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 AM

115 posts, read 353,783 times

Advertisements

ok ... so that means that everyone is an athiest ? I was responding... IM not an athiest... lighten up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
But yeah, if an atheist called someone a "stupid Christian" that would probably be hate speech. I have heard Richard Dawkins before saying indirectly that religious people are uncivilized or unintelligent, which could maybe fall under hate speech since it is bashing a particular group of people.
Wow, if that (either example) is hate speech, what I said before stands true. We are becoming a society of weenies.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Wow, if that (either example) is hate speech, what I said before stands true. We are becoming a society of weenies.
yeah thats pretty thin skinned. If someone said I want to kill all the stupid Christians...theres some hatrid there. The Dawkins comments might be a bit harsh or insensitive at best, but I wouldnt call it hate speech

Old 07-20-2009, 11:05 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
they feel it is there business to try to lead people to the path that they believe will ultimatly save them. not to condemn them, but to help them.your right about people worried about specks in peoples eye. All people are sinners, including all Christians.But I also feel that if people didnt have concern about other people & they just worried about themselves, that would be wrong to.
If Christians want to worry about other people then they can go feed others, clothe them, love them. Yes, some of them do that. But the majority don't. They put some money in the collection plate, with most of it going to the church, and then they go home.

Pointing fingers at other people is being self-centered. It makes the Christian feel self-righteous. It doesn't help anyone but themselves.

Once again, it's all about the log. Look to the log.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
ok ... so that means that everyone is an athiest ? I was responding... IM not an athiest... lighten up
But you're in the atheist forum.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 AM

222 posts, read 581,064 times
Quote:
Do you believe in God Zeus? Or ancient Egyptian Gods Set and Ra?
If you don't then you are Atheist.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
But you're in the atheist forum.
ahh I didnt realize it was the athiest only club, so sorry

Old 07-20-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
Do you believe in God Zeus? Or ancient Egyptian Gods Set and Ra?
If you don't then you are Atheist.
um no thats not what an athiest is , maybe you need to smack yourself a bit harder

Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,385 times
It is not easy to find what is covered by the term Hate group. The federal government has no definition, but the Southern Poverty Law Center, define it as “those who belong to a “hate group" will advocate criminal violence against other people solely on account of race, ethnicity or some other immutable characteristic”.
With that as the definition I would list atheist as the anti-hate group. The Atheist culture has the lowest percentage of members in the prison system which would point out how law abiding they are, and I have yet to meet one who shows signs of racial prejudice.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
You show me one christian church who says its ok to be gay, then we can talk about that!

I never said it was ok, or that anyone should think it is. Yes, it's wrong, but there are also a lot of other things we shouldn't be doing, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism