Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 09:49 PM

26 posts, read 72,571 times

Advertisements

I've already shown you some videos and pictures, but if you want more, check out my links in the thread called Japanese vs Singapore vs etc., in those links, there are links where each link has 5000 Facebook friends, about half of them are beautiful, so do the math. Now if you can find me even 10 group pictures of each race, instead of probably their best ones, then I guess we win.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:02 PM

45 posts, read 138,537 times
Show me pure Tai/Dai that could even begin to emulate these girls.

http://i.imgur.com/FX5ZHHQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mvm34ub.jpg
[Mod edit: copyrighted pictures]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...007_BKKIFF.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2014 at 07:51 AM..

Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 PM

83 posts, read 206,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio_Auditore View Post
Those people are more likely to descent from Mon-Khmer ethnic(Khmer/Vietnamese/Wa/Kuy) who were aboriginal(not negritos) that used to live in what is called Thailand/Laos today before the Dai people(the ethnic majority of Laos and Thailand today) migrate from Yunnan,China into Laos and Thailand and repopulated the area in 13th century.

The term "Siamese" is represent to the people whom live in Center Thailand and Southern Thailand during 13-17 century. "Siamese" generally were ethnically hybrid of Dai(pure Thai/Lao) whom were from Yunnan,China and Mon-Khmer people(Khmer/Vietnamese/Wa/Kuy) whom were original people of the area.

By the way, the area of Center Thailand today was repopulated again Han-Chinese immigrants who sail from middle China(Fujian, China)during 17-20 century and end up landed mostly in Center Thailand as well as some in Southern Thailand. Center Thailand today has Han-Chinese as majority ethnic which made up around 80% of the area population.

Genetically, people in Thailand and Laos could be diverse. But in lesser degree when compare to other country in Southeast Asia.

Based on the genetic graph, 60% of Thai samples are grouping around Southern Chinese sample, another 20% are grouping with middle Chinese/Taiwanese-Han sample, and the last 20% seem to be spreading around randomly(but more toward Southern population like Indonesian/Filipino/Malaysian).

So people in the pictures you posted, seem to be someone who are the owner of those 20% of the sample that bend toward Southern population.
But you are proving my point. The modern Thai people are primarily of Chinese origin from migrations within the last 1000 years or so as a result of the population explosion there. So they cannot be a different "race" or a different "phenotype" from Chinese, when they ARE Chinese now can they? China is diverse and all Chinese people don't look the same. That said, Chinese people generally represent North Asian diversity and not the diversity of South East Asia from prior to waves of Northern migration. And much of the "diversity" you claim in these populations comes from the mixture with the original populations, because Asian diversity has always been greatest in the South East, but most of that diversity is now lost as a result of these migrations. Most of the people in these people that people are claiming are "different races" actually look quite similar to each other and the variations in nose and eyes are not unique and can be seen all across Asia. Which just goes to show that "race" is just a fraud and needs to be discarded. Southern China is home to many different ethnic groups.
Some ethnic groups in China:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chw_st...57634478773738

Last edited by elnina; 04-07-2014 at 12:46 AM..

Old 04-06-2014, 01:22 AM

138 posts, read 818,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by np6888 View Post
Thai have a lot of ladyboys so you don't know which one is legit, but reading around tourist sites like Roosh V, the general consensus is that they're not as beautiful as Vietnamese girls. Here's what closer to the average Vietnamese girls look like(watch the videos till the end, they look a lot better than the pictures show):

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder - YouTube

TET 2014 Vietnam. Tet 2014 Saigon HD - YouTube

Hot Beautiful Vietnamese Girl in Viet Salon in saigon - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromesaveur View Post
Show me pure Tai/Dai that could even begin to emulate this girl.

This is a pure Kinh look - those girls you posted are mixed with Tai/Dai and therefore look much more Southeast Asian.
lol Kinh is a Mon-Khmer race(been living in SEA more than 4800 years) which is natural look without any Han-Chinese blood from mixing during colonization will definitely look way way more Southeast Asian than Tai-Kadai(Tai/Dai) race(came from South-western China and only made in into SEA in 13th century).

I don't know what part of Vietnam those girls you posted came from but those girl look way way way more Southeast Asian when compare to typical look of pure Lao/Thai(Tai/Dai) in the Northern Laos/Northern Thailand/Upper-eastern Thailand/Southwestern China.

Those girls you posted look more like those people in Center Thailand or maybe Southern Thailand who are generally mixed of many ancestor(Dai/Han-Chinese/Khmer/Malay).

Pure Lao/Thai/Tai/Dai (Northern Laos/Northern Thailand/Upper-eastern Thailand/Southwestern China.)
http://sv6.postjung.com/picpost/data...30-26-6216.jpg
[urk]http://sv6.postjung.com/picpost/data/156/156930-44-9642.jpg[/url]
http://sv6.postjung.com/picpost/data...30-43-7611.jpg
http://sv6.postjung.com/picpost/data...30-30-6863.jpg
http://sv6.postjung.com/picpost/data...30-55-2741.jpg

Center Thailand/Southern Thailand (mixed people of Dai/Han-Chinese/Khmer/Malay) and those girls you posted look more like these people.

Last edited by elnina; 04-07-2014 at 12:47 AM..

Old 04-06-2014, 02:10 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by np6888 View Post
Eh, we don't have the small eyes, big nose combination. We have the big eyes small nose combination, which happens to be the most beautiful combination. We also have the whitest skin(whiter than ALL white countries, if you look at the average face profile).

Did you look at the links that I gave, and the links within them?
Who is we, Vietnamese? Well I have seen this combo quite a lot among Viets. Many Viets have small eyes. Some have the narrow nose big eye combo, but the opposite is also common. The ratio is slanted towards broader noses/larger eyes versus Southern China. Who has the whitest skin? In Asia that'd be the Japanese, central coastal Chinese and some Koreans, Manchurians.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromesaveur View Post
I'm not so sure if he could even pass as Vietnamese. People make too many wrong assumptions about Vietnamese features.

A Vietnamese is not simply a swarthier Southern Chinese with flatter nose. His features are just too Chinese-like; his profile is flatten, his face is broad, and his eye sockets are shallow with epicanthic folds.

A typical Viet would have protruding cheekbones, a strong jawline, and deep set eyes. His face wouldn't be as flat or as broad, either more narrow or small and boxy-like. I've read other people describing the typical Vietnamese face as apple shaped due to the jutting cheekbones.
Vietnamese have broader/rounded faces in general. The slim, narrow face is more typical among Chinese and even moreso Japanese.

I agree he's not typical for a Viet, but he could pass. Well a typical one yes, but especially in Hanoi Viets look pretty Chinese. More narrow? You're kidding right? Viets are among the most broad faced people in Asia. I have a Vietnamese friend whose face is as wide as it is long.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
I agreed on this too, the combo of flat broad nose with low or nose bridge, gigantic squarish jaw line, strong prominent cheekbone are extremely among Mon-Khmer population(Khmer/Vietnamese/Wa/Blang/Deang/Suy/some south-eastern Chinese may also have it because of Mon-Khmer mixing from Vietnamese).

Lao university student

Thai university student

Vietnamese university student

Cambodian university student

Majority of Vietnamese will have facial structure of gigantic squarish jaw line,strong prominent cheekbone,flat broad nose with low to none nose bridge and chin part will be more forward than nose which is similar to majority of Cambodian and other Mon-Khmer people, these are trademark facial structure of Mon-Khmer race. The only different I can notice is Vietnamese have lighter skin tone when compare to Cambodian the rest of Mon-Khmer group like Wa/Blang/Deang/Suy(Definitely, this is because Vietnamese has history of mixing with Han-Chinese while Cambodian and other Mon-Khmer like Wa/Blang/Deang/Suy didn't).

On another hand when we look at Lao/Thai(Dai) and other Tai-Kadai people you will see that majority of people are having skinny-long face, narrower nose with higher nose bridge and horse face(nose part will be little more forward than chin), these are trademark facial structure of of Tai-Kadai race.
Some Vietnamese are pretty dark, especially in the South, they could pass for Khmer. I think Many Khmer look 'chinkier' than people think, some people act like they look Indian or something. Their eyes are not as big as many Malays, Javanese, Balinese.etc on average. Vietnamese in the north look more Chinese, although of course with migration there's been dilution, I feel this is because Vietnamese in the south are mixed with Khmer, Cham, natives.

Yeah Thai are taller, narrower faces, sharper noses...then again Bangkok isn't the best representative. The Thai are sort of ethnically heterogenous, since you have the Isan, tribes of the north, Malay in the south, central Thai, many who have more recent Chinese ancestry. Most Thai don't even speak standard central Thai natively.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
What about Thai people who have little to no Chinese ancestry, do you think most of them resemble Southern Chinese as well ?

I saw a Thai film called "Karaoke Girl" and the actress who played the prostitute had a very typical Southeast Asian look, meaning she would blend right in a crowd of Filipinos for example and not stand out as looking foreign.

Maybe she is one of those Thai that have very little Chinese ancestry or maybe even none at all.
Well if you include Dai, a lot of them can look pretty Chinese anyway because in a sense they are Chinese since they came from China pretty recently. Even the 'pure' Thai look a lot more classical oriental than the pure Filipinos or something in most cases, although in the south they get more different. Some sea gypsy boys in Phuket were very dark brown, of a type you would associate more with Africa or southern India than South-East Asia.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Where are Vietnamese that could pass as a Korean or Northern Chinese can you show some video of them? 95% of Vietnamese their nose always be way too broad and they also have way too low nose bridge to pass a Korean or Northern Chinese. Vietnamese generally have the same nose, cheekbone, jawline as Cambodian and other Mon-Khmer people. The only different is about skin tone(because of mixing with Han-Chinese during occupation).

Vietnamese (Northerner)

Lao and Thai (Northerner)

Korean

Northern Chinese
I would say a few could, but most look pretty distinct. Not all have very broad noses, yet few have the really sharp narrow noses you associate with say Tibetans, Mongolians, some Koreans, Japanese and some northern Chinese, including those in Manchuria.

Actually, the bridge of the nose isn't lower, although the nose itself might be a bit less protruberant. I think people closer to the tropics tend to have more sculpted deep set eyes, and this is evident in Vietnamese compared to northern Chinese. The extreme example of facial flatness can be found among the Inuit and Siberian natives.

Vietnamese women aspire to look Korean or Japanese and many pull off that look quite convincingly.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:01 AM

318 posts, read 638,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well if you include Dai, a lot of them can look pretty Chinese anyway because in a sense they are Chinese since they came from China pretty recently. Even the 'pure' Thai look a lot more classical oriental than the pure Filipinos or something in most cases, although in the south they get more different. Some sea gypsy boys in Phuket were very dark brown, of a type you would associate more with Africa or southern India than South-East Asia.
This pure Thai woman does not look classical Oriental. If I saw her walking the streets of Shanghai for example, I would definitely think she is a foreigner right off the bat.
http://www.roadjunky.com/wp-content/...images/531.jpg

If I saw her walking the streets of Quezon City, I would think she is a native local Filipina and not a foreigner.

Last edited by elnina; 04-07-2014 at 12:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia