Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 12,967 times

Advertisements

Im looking to relocate there, whats the town like? Is it a close nit city or more rural? & whats the weather like there all year long?

Old 03-27-2007, 05:34 PM

5 posts, read 25,893 times
Small town in the northeastern part of the state. It's about 40 miles to the northwest of Jonesboro, the home of Arkansas State University. It is a pleasant enough little town, good shopping, lots of antique places to prowl through.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:16 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,378,224 times
I think "good shopping" is relative. Paragould is very, very small and doesn't really have "shopping" in the sense that I think of (big malls, designer clothing stores, etc). So it depends on what you're looking for. It's a very rural town, very small. Lots of pick up trucks. It's in a different county than Jonesboro, so they sell alcohol there.

Just like anywhere in the midsouth, it's hot. VERY hot all summer. It's been in the upper 80's here in Memphis (an hour or so south) for the past week. In the winter it gets cold though, and it can snow around here. Nothing major, just an inch or two that melts right away.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 8,024 times
Default Paragould

First Paragould is less than 20 miles from Jonesboro. It's a very nice community with 3 schools. Churches for every faith and a low crime rate. Summers are hot and humid, winter is not extremely cold and there is very little snowfall.

The utility bills are some of the lowest in the nation. Cable tv is community owned and rates are very low.

Most of Paragould sits on Crowley's Ridge with the eastern section of the city on low lying farm land.

Paragould and the surrounding school districts have a rich tradition in sports as well as archenemies.

If you're looking for big city entertainment Paragould is not for you, but small town family fun Paragould has more than enough

Old 05-16-2007, 08:44 AM

232 posts, read 796,096 times
paragould has 2 public schools and one private school. there are churches for most of the protestant faith, but not every (or any) other faiths. i dont know that the utilities are "some of the lowest in the nation". my utilities in memphis are quite a bit cheaper and memphis is supposed to have some of the most expensive utilites in the mid-south. there's not much for a teenager to do other than sports, church, or getting in to trouble. in all honesty, if you have children, i would check out jonesboro, ar. if you're older paragould may be a nice place for you.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Well since I live in Paragould, i can speak for it, one of the high schools just won state titles in basketball and baseball. The town is growing very fast, the drive from paragould to jonesboro is @ 20 minutes. The weather changes all the time, summers are nice, as is spring, fall, the winter is not so much snow as it is ice accumulation.
Restaurants are growing, and the population is growing as well. And as far as children, Paragould IMHO is much safer than Jonesboro. I grew up near there, so I know.

Last edited by arguy1973; 05-16-2007 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: ms words

Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Well since I live in Paragould, i can speak for it, one of the high schools just won state titles in basketball and baseball. The town is growing very fast, the drive from paragould to jonesboro is @ 20 minutes. The weather changes all the time, summers are nice, as is spring, fall, the winter is not so much snow as it is ice accumulation.
Restaurants are growing, and the population is growing as well. And as far as children, Paragould IMHO is much safer than Jonesboro. I grew up near there, so I know.
You actually live in Paragould? Cool! I'll be sending you a PM shortly

Old 05-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
You actually live in Paragould? Cool! I'll be sending you a PM shortly
no problem!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 17,682 times
Default I Live In Paragould!

I love Paragould. I've lived here all my life (27 years). I now have a family, which I plan to raise here. Crime is low mod cut, city is growing at around 18% per decade (KAIT - Jonesboro, AR: Economic Growth Forecasted for Paragould), two AAAA schools, private schools, 2-year college, ASU Paragould campus, plenty of places to eat and shop within 20 miles, only 1.5 hours from Memphis, 2.5 hours from Little Rock, and 3.5 hours from St Louis.

When you get here, come visit me some Sunday at West View (West View Baptist Church We're Here For You!), which is where I serve as the Youth Pastor.

Last edited by Yac; 01-07-2008 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Old 05-17-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansas_buff View Post
I love Paragould. I've lived here all my life (27 years). I now have a family, which I plan to raise here. Crime is low mod cut city is growing at around 18% per decade (KAIT - Jonesboro, AR: Economic Growth Forecasted for Paragould), two AAAA schools, private schools, 2-year college, ASU Paragould campus, plenty of places to eat and shop within 20 miles, only 1.5 hours from Memphis, 2.5 hours from Little Rock, and 3.5 hours from St Louis.

When you get here, come visit me some Sunday at West View (West View Baptist Church We're Here For You!), which is where I serve as the Youth Pastor.
two people from paragould on here, thats cool!

Last edited by Yac; 01-07-2008 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: quote fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas